Customizing Web Interface

Greetings All,

Just got my PIAware box up and running and works like a charm. I’m planning on setting it up at the local airport (Simsbury Airport - 4B9) and we are going to set up a little wall mounted monitor that displays updated radar, weather forecast and then the ADS-B map generated from the PIAware box. My question is - is there any way to customize the look/feel information displayed on that webpage coming from the PIAware box? I see there’s a (non functional) settings button. I would imagine there has to be a way to change the styling layout in some manner…right?

If you dig around a bit on the Pi it’s all static HTML/JS. I’m not sure exactly where the flightaware image puts it but look for gmap.html. The aircraft data is the only dynamic bit retrieved via AJAX.

Thanks for the point in the right direction - in case anyone else is looking for it, it can be found here: /\usr\share\dump1090\public_html\

You’ll need something that reads linux file systems (DiskInternals Linux Reader works well and is free) - be forewarned, if you search for gmap.html - it won’t show up for whatever reason shrugs. You actually have to navigate to the above directory. I’ll let everyone know how the editing goes.

You might find that obj’s dump1090-mutability already has significant improvements over the FlightAware-supplied dump1090, both in functionality and web page design. See http://discussions.flightaware.com/ads-b-flight-tracking-f21/raspbian-ubuntu-packages-for-dump1090-mutability-available-t19619.html for details. Perhaps you could make this your starting point. With this, the gmap.html file is here: /usr/share/dump1090-mutability/html/gmap.html

Or on github here: github.com/mutability/dump1090/ … ublic_html
However be aware that it won’t work out-of-the-box with a FlightAware dump1090 as dump1090-mutability’s json output looks a bit different.