Can not ssh to Flight Feeder Orange: Permission denied (publickey)

I could not connect to my Piaware Orange via ssh. It always returned Permission denied (publickey). I have activated ssh-server on my Pi by adding a ssh file

I appreciate if someone can figure out the problem or help to fix it.
Thank you.

Log:

xxx@DESKTOP-IDV27IC:~$ ssh-copy-id pi@192.168.1.3
/usr/bin/ssh-copy-id: INFO: Source of key(s) to be installed: “/home/xxx/.ssh/id_ed25519.pub”
/usr/bin/ssh-copy-id: INFO: attempting to log in with the new key(s), to filter out any that are already installed
/usr/bin/ssh-copy-id: INFO: 1 key(s) remain to be installed – if you are prompted now it is to install the new keys
pi@192.168.1.3: Permission denied (publickey).

xxx@DESKTOP-IDV27IC:~$ ssh pi@192.168.1.3
pi@192.168.1.3: Permission denied (publickey).

What is Pi Organ?
Which image are you using exactly?

Is it asking for a pass word when you use ssh-copy-id?
It should.
If it doesn’t, you’ve screwed the sshd config somehow.

1 Like

You are hosting a FlightFeeder. These are remotely managed by FlightAware and do not provide ssh access.

It’s an Pi Orange version, sorry cuz a typo mistake.

You’re correct, I’m hosting a FlightFeeder. I would like to utilize this Rasperry to install another service for my personal purpose instead of running another Pi in parallel.
My question is, Could I make and re-build my owned Piaware into this FlighFeeder which I’m hosting or not?

We need the FlightFeeder to have a predictable install so that we can remotely manage & upgrade it; we have several thousand of these in the field and it’s not practical to manage individual installs that are different from the standard install.

Please continue to use your own Pi if you need to run your own services. You should be able to get all the raw ADS-B data from the FlightFeeder on the usual ports, right?

What do you mean, sorry ?

I mean that the FlightFeeder makes data available externally on port 30005, etc. So if you want to run something that consumes ADS-B data, that can run on your own Pi and connect to the FlightFeeder over the network; it doesn’t need to run on the FlightFeeder.

I do not intend to use ADS-B data, I just wanna utilize the pi to run a small service which runs on another port for my own purpose. I assure that it will not affect the data TX rate between the FlightFeeder to FlightAware server at your site.

Ok, I see. Please don’t run that on the FlightFeeder.

Could I recommend HShop.vn at Cho Nhat Tao. They have all current Pi’s in stock.

Not much chance of it affecting data as there does not appear to have been any data for the past 4 months.

1 Like

The Flightfeeder devices are dedicated to Flightaware, it’s clear that they do now allow direct access.
For your request you will need to get your own Raspberry and set it up.

Good find :wink:

Thank you guys for all the recommendations and comments. I will set up my own Pi for this stuff.

SweetPea11, Just for your information, my FlightFeeder has been shut down temporarily for 3 months due to my personal trip. I already sent a notice to FlightAware. I have just brought it back after the trip and try to ssh to it as you knew.

Great. Hope you had a wonderful trip.

I see you reconnected the Flightfeeder a few days ago but it appears you are not seeing any aircraft. Is there a problem with the antenna?