Callsigns

Is there a reason why the callsigns were removed for flights?

Where?

If I move my mouse over a flight link it used to have in quotes the callsign. I don’t see that anymore for most flights.

That feature still works for me.

On flightaware.com/live/airport/KIAD I mouse over a recent airline arrival or departure and it says United Air Lines “United”

I see what he means. I just ran through all the arrivals at CID and I only got a callsign for netjets (EJA). The rest gave me the airline name and the city and state of its corporate headquarters in parentheses. I’d like the callsign. I could care less where they do business. -Jan nr CID

Any update on this?

It’s also inconsistent

The following show the airline name and headquarters city
FLG
EGF
COM
TCF
MES
SKW
ASH
SWA
SIA
VRD
CHQ
CLX

These show airline name and callsign (as it should be)
DAL
UAL
AAL
COA

All three are shown
VNR
EJA

It appears that FlightAware is thinking that only airlines should have the call sign shown on the mouse-over and that the only airlines are EJA, VNA, DAL, UAL, AAL, and COA. SWA, SIA, et all are not airlines and therefore do not have the call sign shown.

I just rechecked and some are giving now callsigns in quotes between the company name and the city, others are appended in quotes at the end, after the city. (American, Continental, United are shown this way, “Avantair” is shown in the middle of the citation. Sounds like no definite plan was made for this. Still would like callsigns, especially when they are different from the company name (“cactus”, “redwood”, “brickyard”, etc., etc.). Thanks, Jan