Boeing E6 aircraft

Never seen one before saw it over Ohio at 7pm tonight. I wonder where it was coming from and its mission

No idea but

The E-6B model deployed in October 1998 also has the ability to remotely control Minuteman ICBMs using the Airborne Launch Control System

Hopefully this mission was only training. The alternative is the end of the world is nigh!

S.

Nothing out of the ordinary… They are up flying around the country daily - sometimes several of them at a time. They’ve also been known to randomly drop in to slow civilian airports with long runways (like KHSV) and work the pattern (touch-n-go’s) for a few hours.

I’ve been picking them up on my various ADS-B sites around the country ever since I setup the first site around four years ago. They seem particularly found of departing home (Tinker AFB) and heading over toward the North Carolina coast, and then turning around and heading back home.

Matt

Thanks…just was new for me guess dont always check up on my site over last two years. Flew between columbus and the ohio river heading west