Beech Starship

Flightaware](Live Flight Tracker - FlightAware)Photo of N514RS](Beech 2000A Starship 1 - Untitled | Aviation Photo #0642561 | Airliners.net)FAA registry](http://registry.faa.gov/aircraftinquiry/NNumSQL.asp?NNumbertxt=514RS)

The link you posted was the plane that just flew over my house. I was out back and looked up and saw it.

That’s ironic!

flightaware.com/live/flight/N514RS

Don’t ya think?

:laughing:

No… I know! :laughing:

A little too ironic? Yea, I really do think…

Did someone hear a little Alanis Morissette today?

It’s like raaaaay-e-aaaaaain on your weddding day.

I assume you meant “hear” and not “here”. I was sooooo confused!

Alanis was here…I just didn’t hear her… :confused:

I fissed it… :blush:

Nah. Just had to poke and prod a little to get the REALLY bad joke to be seen by a certain person in this thread…

Kids these days… :smiley:

Ya buy em books and send em to school and … :wink:

And whadda they do? Eat the teachers…

[ Robert Scherer’s Starship Website ]](Raytheon Beechcraft Starship 2000 2000A)

The photo’s on page 1 of this thread are of NC-35 N8149S the one Starship that went AWOL to Mexico. It can be seen on Google Earth at Gen Francisco J Mina Intl Airport in Tampico, Mexico.

Robert Scherer is the registered owner of N514RS, which is the craft being used by Burt Rutan of Scaled Composites.

I vaguely remember Scaled using a Starfish as chase when doing some of the early testing on Spaceship1. Does Rutan own one, or did he use someone else’s plane?

There are actually 5 in service – the four you mentioned, and a Mexican registered Starship that resides in the United States. Because the transponder would have to be reprogramed, you will not see the Mexican registered Starship on flightaware, or obvously in the FAA registry database.

NC-51, N514RS, is owned by Bob Scherer. He was asked by Rutan to fly chase for SpaceShip One. NC-51 is based in California.

The one that is blocked is NC-45, N45FL. It used to be owned by L-3 Communications, but now resides in the midwest in different owners hands.

There are 2 that theoretically could be restored to flying status sooner than later – one is NC-35, which was misappropriated to Mexico and then seized by the Mexican government. The condition of this aircraft is highly questionable, and puts into serious doubt whether this Starship could actually be restored. The other Starship that could be restored is in storage, and is significantly better condition.

Scherer owns 4 other Starships in storage (not to mention a huge amount of parts for Starships), but probably cannot restore them until after 2013 (when product liability runs out in favor of Raytheon – the Starship was not sold from RAC to Hawker Beech). Scherer would know a lot more about that than I would though – they are his after all…

Noted on Robert Scherer’s website, NC-33 Mexican Registered (2007) XB-JTE , owner is Allen Investments Aviation & Marine, Inc. This is the same owner as active Starship NC-29 N8244L. Both aircraft listed as ‘In active service!’.

This is a Delaware Corporation, but aircraft said to be based in Owensboro, Kentucky.

James saw Bob and the Starship at Orange County (KSNA) Sunday when he stopped by in VNR162.

He got a photo of NC-51, but I’d love to see a shot of the Starship and Avanti together.

Robb,

You are right to the extent that Scherer’s website is updated. N8244L, NC-29 (and NC-43 which is in storage) now belong to us. Allen Investments sold those two to us, and the Mexican registered aircraft, as you noted, also belongs to Allen Investments.

Next time I see a Piaggio parked next to us, I will take a pic.

Long live the Starship!

I said hello to Robert as he was holding short on the other side of the runway.
Snapped this photo while we waited.

Good One James – keep us in mind when you are flying – N8244L. We are at KHND overnight; leave tomorrow for OK., and will be back at KHND on Saturday for 3 days. We should get a pic together!