Beast black box utility for RPi, OPi and other

Hello everyone. I made some useful tool to decode binary BEAST messages from the file.

BEAST black box utility is command line tool that useful to decode ModeS and ModeA/C information stored in binary BEAST format in the file. Utility based on the source code of dump1090 and inherits all benefits of this tool. In other words, it is dump1090 code that reads binary BEAST data from the file instead of network or RTL-dongle as it does original dump1090.

More information and source code are available on GitHib: GitHub - denzen84/beastblackbox: A tool to read and decode binary BEAST log from the file. Based on dump1090 sources.

Hope you’ll appeciate it. Questions and suggestions are welcome.

4 Likes

Hi, again!

Thanks to Flightaware, code of dump1090-fa was unified to make modules for different sources of input signal (such as ifile, sdr, bladerf). I created unified module to read BEAST format from the file for dump1090-fa. Utility ‘beastblackbox’ is now deprecated. Now functionaluty of ‘beastblackbox’ is available in dump1090-fa. Check out for my pull request. Awaiting for merging.

2 Likes