Baggage handlers gone wild

cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/ … l=12766637

Ok so there have been some items taken, I also seem to recall a time when TSA busted their own people getting a few items from people as well. Bottom line is unfortunately bad apples make it into the ramp. I also find the statement made by the hidden CO agent interesting. She says “It happens all the time…sometimes” Well which is it all the time or sometimes? God bless the media to be there to give airlines more black eyes and kick them while they are down.

I don’t believe the hype about not being seen…that’s all I’ll say about that.

Only problem I ever had: I had a carton of cigarettes from one bag, and a bottle of perfume stolen from another bag on a flight from Cancun to BWI a few years back. It was a charter flight from a package deal vacation. We checked-in several hours early which gave the rampers plenty of time to go through the stuff. Live and learn… I’ll never check-in that early again.

Damn that sucks, did it happen at BWI or in CUN?

No way to know for sure, but my guess would be CUN since they had three hours to rifle through the stuff. I imagine most thefts of this nature would happen at the departure airport rather than the arrival. I don’t think there’d be too many idle handlers around idle bags during an arrival.