Any interesting trends from Covid-19

Surprisingly, no real change observed here, on the south coast of England, despite the fact the local airline has gone bust!

1 Like

not yet today… too many private aircraft in the air due to good weather.

I am expecting a downtrend beginning monday. The friday was already a bit more quiet than the last weeks

1 Like

Even more so now that flights from the UK are banned from Monday.

2 Likes

Over the past week I’ve seen a slight but steady uptick in ads-b aircraft seen/tracked.
Perhaps it is an exodus due to all sports activities being canceled in Florida. This is our peak tourist and sports season including baseball, basketball, hockey, auto racing and spring break. :money_mouth_face:

My feeder had yesterday the lowest friday since Christmas…
Normally one of the busiest weekdays

2 Likes

Spain are blocking internal and international flights for two weeks from Monday.

Poland as well. Others will follow.

These are my stats since January 1st of recorded flights (both receivers)

By the end of the week, we’ll be reporting anytime we spot a plane…
notable here already with Flybe going down…

2 Likes

Sunday is normally a pretty busy day here and traffic levels are noticeably down.

1 Like

Here as well. Normally it starts somewhere in the afternoon, but i think it will remain quiet today.

1 Like

It has remained quiet, huge reduction on all graphs. Tomorrow will be even quieter.

1 Like

same here 40 miles west of FRA

1 Like

Excuse the map from FR24 but with their satellite coverage this really goes to show - Hardly anything flying east to west.

Stats from my outdoor receiver. Lower than usual on a monday with peaks in the morning of up to 130 aircraft. Less than 100 is normally a Saturday or Sunday

1 Like

Probably just the time of day with US flights timed to arrive early morning in Europe for business.

Currently the picture is the opposite with more westbound than eastbound.

1 Like

For some reason I thought the ban from the UK to the US had already kicked in but it’s not until midnight tonight.

1 Like

Ryanair are expecting to ground the majority of their fleet in the coming days:

https://otp.tools.investis.com/clients/uk/ryanair/rns/regulatory-story.aspx?cid=901&newsid=1379191

1 Like

1 Like

Flow reversed now.
This cycle repeats every 24 hrs:
North American Mornings almost all flights are West bound
North American Evenings almost all flights are East bound
This is not new. I have observed this for past several years.

1 Like