ANNOUNCE PiAware 1.14-2 Debian package available for testing

The PiAware 1.14-2 Debian package is available for testing.

You can follow the upgrade instructions at flightaware.com/adsb/piaware/upgrade, only for the wget substitute

wget http://flightaware.com/adsb/piaware/files/piaware_1.14-2_armhf.deb

Afterwards do a

sudo /etc/init.d/piaware restart

and look at /tmp/piaware.out and see what happens.

Post feedback here, please.

Thank you…

Karl

Looks good so far.

Works without problems per upgrade instructions. (13-1 → 14-2)
/paul

Only 1 minor self-inflicted glitch- shrunk the SSH window to do copy/paste and errored out with:
debconf: unable to initialize frontend: Dialog
debconf: (Dialog frontend requires a screen at least 13 lines tall and 31 columns wide.)
debconf: falling back to frontend: Readline

Expanded window, now running 1.14
Just another ONE Dee Ten TEE error

Thanks for all the work.
Raspberrypi.Org thanks you for increasing the interest in RPi & programming.

http://www.awn.com/mag/issue5.12/5.12images/goodman01.gifLOL!

1.14 looks good on my system, successfully sending data.

Upgrading from 13-1 to 14-2 is working fine.

-Scott

Upgrade to 1.14-2 without any problems, solved an existing issue of the Pi locking up :slight_smile:
Time to add an external antenna!

No problems upgrading from 1.13-1 to 1.14-2 on a RPi Model B.

Just installed 1.14-2, and restarted piaware. Checked piaware.out log and everything seems perfect – am again transferring ADSB data to your servers.

Good work…

Installed 1.14-2 upgrade from 1.13 no issues working well

I may have spoken to soon, web services are locked up. The unit is alive and responds to ping on the private IP but can’t serve the web page. A hard power restart is required.

something is not right with 1.14-2 seems to hang or not get connected to the wifi as well at 1.13.

The PiAware 1.15-1 Debian package is available for testing.

You can follow the upgrade instructions at flightaware.com/adsb/piaware/upgrade, only for the wget substitute

wget http://flightaware.com/adsb/piaware/files/piaware_1.15-1_armhf.deb

sudo dpkg -i piaware_1.15-1_armhf.deb

sudo apt-get install -fy

Afterwards do a

sudo /etc/init.d/piaware restart

and look at /tmp/piaware.out and see what happens.

Post feedback here, please.

Just loaded 1.15-1. Works like a charm.

On another note, brilliant move listing statistics for all locations…I can’t stop trying to increase the number of “aircraft seen”. The competitive spirit runs strong with this crowd.

Great software and great site.

I have installed the latest ver think we are up tp 1.15.x now it worked a charm for 5 days then suddenly the 192.168.xx:8080 stoped functioning no error messages no nothing except a blank screen now 2 days latter when I log on my account it signes in fine says it saw my some hours ago and nothing no map and no stats at all rest of the page is blank been that way for 4 days now ,as far as I can tell its feeding as I haven’t recived the normal email to tell me the feed is down
and no restarting or powering down doesent make a blind bit of diference
any idears guys

Hi. Sorry about your troubles. Can you power down and make sure the SD card is properly seated and then power back up? Do you have an HDMI monitor or TV that you can plug the Pi into and try to boot it? Observing the lights on the Pi (and the lights on the Ethernet connector if it’s a model B+) are they blinking and stuff when you power up? The Pi computer could have failed for some reason but I am more inclined to suspect software or possible an SD card problem.

the pi unit is ok sd card ok dongle ok can connect via puty and vnc question even if they were out why would all stats on your site disappear I have had the system down befor for one reason or another my account still showd all stats up till that time but would show an abnormality saying feed not received for x amount of hours

conected to pi via vns was able to see my map populaten on 192 168.1.xxx:8080 so know that is working there and can no stats uunit is hard wired to net green led flashes wildly

replicsate that on my windows machine but stilll when i log on to my account all i get is kurt mueller ★

Member since 5 years ago
Last seen online about 1 hours ago
Pilot certificate Private
Language English (USA)

and all the normal left hand menues but no position map or feeder stats thats all totaly blank