Android App (Build 2): Flight Map Issues

Just loaded Beta 2 this evening on to my Thunderbolt and looks like some of the original issues are gone now. However, whenever I select an aircraft on the map (I reached the map by clicking through one of my saved airports or by direct entry) it causes the app to force close. I’ve installed the aLogCat app as recommended in a previous post by a Flight Aware staffer, but is there a certain level of logging that would be most useful to the dev team for me to submit?

Let’s try the default level of logging.

Same issue, however, instead of the whole app crashing, it returns me to the flight info. LG Ally running latest Andriod version. It additionally gives me issues when I switch from Landscape to Portrait or vice versa.

I have sent a copy of the log to the email address posted in a previous post. Hope it helps isolate the issue.

Still having the force close on the new beta 3 build too when selecting aircraft or zooming.

Zooming was never an issue for me, but on Beta 3 I still have the force close on selecting aircraft. Let me know if the FlightAware dev team would like me to submit an error log report.

On a side note, I had not recieved any notice that Beta 3 was released until you said something…

On a side note, I had not recieved any notice that Beta 3 was released until you said something…

I only notice because I was going to try to download build 1 to test some things, I received no notice as well.

We’re not email announcing every beta, but beta 4 is available now.

Force close is still occurring on beta 4 when selecting a specific airplane from the map.