Aircraft Details on SkyAware Map

Is it possible please to have more aircraft details showing on the Pi-Aware SkyAware Map?

At the moment only the aircraft call sign shows? I know if you hoover over the call sign that further details appear. Also lots of registrations are missing , how often are details updated in the DB?

Thanks

Are you asking to have more details displayed without having to hover over the aircraft? What details are you interested in seeing?

Thank you for the reply.

Yes I’d like to see call sign, type of aircraft and registration?

Thanks

Pretty sure you can select (click? tap?) on the flight you are interested in and call up all that stuff including hull registration number. Go to the flight page of the a/c you are interested in.

If you are logged in to your FA account select tracklog to see if any flight has pinged you.

I just got pinged by a flight from Frankfurt to JFK NY. Not a super-short flight.

Thanks .

What I’m asking is can anything other the the call sign can automatically be displayed on the map.

I appreciate you can hoover over the call sign and get further details, but I’d like FR24 can further information on the map itself

If the display is sparse, more information might be nice, but when you have 200 and more on your display, the extra information will likely be annoying clutter. All depends on the user. Imagine having 200 planes with their associated text boxes covering each other up on the screen.
Sounds like he wants more selection similar the additional range rings options. Definitely will slow down the HTML web page code. Personally from a developer aspect, I prefer reliable uncluttered displays. Just my opinion.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply.

But it would be nice to have a choice if you wanted more information displayed on the map? Similar to FR24, ADSB exchange or my own SBS , where you can select further information to be displayed?

Can you also please tell how often information such as hex code tie ups are updated ?

Thanks

I guess what I’m suggesting is that all those data points should be in your log.

Altitude, speed, distance (i.e. lat long), descent rate, waypoints, heading … Do with it what you will. Good stuff.

Yes, an uncluttered map is preferrable.

I appreciate the replies, but no one has said whether it’s possible or not to have a choice whether you want more information displayed on the map regardless of peoples opinions about clutter.

Other aircraft tracking devices at least give you an option? Personally I’d like to see instantly on the map at least the aircraft registration rather then having to hoover over the call sign to see it, and often the hexcode isn’t tied up with the registration, how often is the DB updated with these?

Yes, just check the columns that you want to see.

That will add columns but not enhance the label on the map :wink:

1 Like

I am puzzled. Can you tell us more about the aircraft you are flying, and what kind of NAV system you have? THe reason I am puzzled is I am told the presentation of ADS-B info. on my Garmin 750 is not unusual…is typical of modern aircraft nav. systems properly set up for ADS-B. For example, my moving the “piper” over to whatever the ADS-B system is picking up, I get not only the aircraft’s “N” number…i get its ground speed…altitude, direction, closure rate, type aircraft.
Is it possible you have a detective system…and thus should take your aircraft to a good avionics shop for repair and/or up-grade of your system?