AeroMexico ERJ-145 off runway excursion in Tijuana . . .

AeroMexico Connect flight 2051 landing at Tijuana 13:30 Jan 22/10.

After heavy rains, aircraft was landing in windy conditions, and the left main went two feet off the pavement causing the aircraft to become stuck in the mud with unknown damage.

Several bruised passengers of the 36 on board plus crew.

Too bad Joe Patroni is no longer around. He would just firewall the throttles and drive er on out. :smiley:

Mel Bakersfeld: Joe, this is Mel. There’s no more time. Stop all engines and get out. Repeat. Stop all engines.

Cockpit qualified young man: Mr. Patroni, she won’t take much more.

Joe Patroni: Well anyway, she’s gonna get it.

Mel Bakersfeld: Joe, the plows are moving. Shut down and hold on! Joe Patroni! Do you read me? Acknowledge!

Mel Bakersfeld: Joe! Shut down!

Cockpit qualified young man: Mr. Patroni? Don’t you hear him? Shut down.

Joe Patroni: I can’t hear a thing. There’s too much noise. Hold on. We’re GOIN FOR BROKE!

Cockpit qualified young man: [after the plane gets out of the ditch] The instruction book said that was impossible.

Joe Patroni: That’s one nice thing about the 707. It can do everything BUT read.[throws his chewed and soggy cigar over his shoulder]

Classic, first movie I remember watching with my Dad, may he RIP.

Frank, I should have posted this line first. :laughing:

Joe Patroni: Okay. But you keep those dinky toys out of my hair and away from this plane for 15 minutes, maybe less. I’ll DRIVE it out.

No, this would be a better quote.

Joe Patroni: Good thing this isn’t an Airbus. They’d be cutting that girl up for scrap!