My airport is San Diego International Airport. It is a SMALLER airport, compared to LAX, which we use for international flights or to Hawaii. Here is what is different:
- 5 Flights between SAN and JFK, 20 flights between LAX and JFK
- Only one non-stop to Europe to London- Heathrow, beginning on June 2010. Also, I have to often connect in LAS, PHX, ORD, LAX, or SFO, just because SAN DIEGO HAS NO NONSTOPS TO FLORIDA!!!
- Really close to Downtown San Diego (Saw Chula Vista from seat 26A once on Northwest 757 from DTW.
- Uses Small Planes (eg: A320, 737-200, A319, A318) instead of (757, 767, 777, A330, 747, A380), which also have AVODS on some planes.
- This leads to the exception of Hawaiian Airlines Flight 15 to Honolulu, but many airports use their A330, which have AVODS!!!, and the 767 to Atlanta, but all the flights from LAX use 747 and 777 aircraft
- Very small Terminals. Not much to see at the Terminal, just a couple bars and gates.
Why is San Diego International So Small?
Why do they have such small commercial airplanes?
When are they going to plan to remodel their terminals?
P.S. Please don’t say anything negative to my comments. This is my opinion, and i often do have questions relating to airports and airplanes.