A Qantas jumbo in Victorville....

…California…

flightaware.com/live/flight/VHOJO

…what’s up with that…?

…no history…

Storage… parts… google map it and look for it

airfleets.net/ficheapp/plane-b747-25544.htm

…Thanks…that’s not a location for storage of unused planes that I had heard of, but what do I know…

…bizarre though…Qantas flies a plane across the Pacific to “store” it in California…? – …as if Australia was too “cramped”… : )

…I’m near LAX and Victorville is about 90 minutes from here…(“google map it and look for it”…???)

…in addition…it’s a “special livery plane”…
Thanks again for reply

Ummm… Use Google Maps and find Victorville, CA. I and pretty much guarantee you’ll see what you’re looking for right off the bat. If not, maybe this will help.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_ … cs_Airport

FWIW, aircraft storage is a pretty specialized field… you just don’t put it out on the back 40 if you want ti to fly again… or if you want the parts to be worth something. Thus, flying it from Australia to CA…

….aaaah…I did say Victorville was 90 minutes from where I am located, that would suggest I know where it is – it is something you drive through on your way to Las Vegas…and fast…on Interstate 15…

“…aircraft storage is a pretty specialized field……”

…really…

…here is where aircraft are stored in California…
maps.google.com/maps?q=mojave&h … t&t=h&z=16

…and here is something else…“Victorville’s aircraft boneyard.”
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_C … cs_Airport

…me thinks Qantas eventually wants to get rid of it and for that reason, keeping it in shape would of course make sense….

Thanks for reply – …now I know I might like to make a detour next time I’m flying through Victorville……on I15….

You’re just scratching the surface with Mojave. Look into:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Davis%E2% … Force_Base

Qantas may not need it right now. Thus, storage. Aircraft that are being stored at facilities like these have regular engine runs and are specifically “configured” for long term storage and very little work to get them airworthy again. I’m sure there are others here that can speak to those specifics.

Victorville is also a well know “finishing” facility. They paint/repaint and install new and redo old interiors.

And with that, he still isn’t finished with the Mojave. Look into:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mojave_airport

If KVCV isn’t enough, there’s a lot of refurbishing/refinishing being done at Mojave. And that’s just a short drive up I-5 and cutting over to Palmdale. And while on that trip, with ample advanced notice, could stop at ZLA Center and take a tour of the en route facility.

BL.

Go North on US 395 a few miles and look for tails on the right.

…alright then…

"…Qantas may not need it right now. Thus, storage. Aircraft that are being stored at facilities like these have regular engine runs and are specifically “configured” for long term storage and very little work to get them airworthy again. I’m sure there are others here that can speak to those specifics.

Victorville is also a well know “finishing” facility. They paint/repaint and install new and redo old interiors…"

…fine…very good…

tyketto:
“…You’re just scratching the surface with Mojave. Look into:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Davis%E2% … Force_Base…”

…no, no, no…let’s not go there, we were talking about CALIFORNIA…everybody knows about Arizona…Qantas took a plane to CALIFORNIA…and it was NOT Mojave…

joelwiley:
“…Go North on US 395 a few miles and look for tails on the right…”

…cool…thanks – I will definitely want to do that…next time to Vegas…

I don’t understand the significance of “Qantas took a plane to CA…” It’s truly not that big a deal…

I don’t understand the significance of all of the ellipses.

I like ellipses… At the end of a phrase. I have always been intrigued by the OP’s prolific use of them in odd places…

Ellipses are ok…but sometimes can be overused… ( I prefer parentheticals)

Come on people I work for the big red roo out of YSSY thats Qantas. any of our B744’S B763’S B734’S go ther to be scrapped or parted out as thee well past the flying career only a few were sold off and two more a destine for KVCV in coming months to be broken uo. Thats why we send Qantas aircraft there.

Qantas cannot have them parted out her just a storage space in AVALON where they sit in a feild stripped awaiting the scrap man to have the aircraft ferried to Victorville. We still have a B743 in storage which was the Aboriginal B743 aircraft called :unamused: Nanjala Dreaming its there for a good reason which Qantas need this aircraft.

I think I need Google Translate for this… Oops, ellipses.

The Australians and the Americans are two peoples divided by a common language.

(But…he did clear up the mystery)

Ayup!

…ellipses are a stylistic device…and understood by all…starting a discussion about that would seem…never mind…

vheaa747spyssy
Thank you – you put it to rest in the simplest terms possible

It is “Nalanji Dreaming” I believe – a plane I never saw…I did see Wunala Dreaming many times as it frequented LAX and managed to get some shots of it, but never the “definite” shot…I used manual lens at the time and focus is “good” but not as sharp as it would have been today…I believe I have uploaded something to FlightAware…

We have another unusual visitor at LAX right now – A7-HHK – a Qatar A342 has been parked on the south side for a couple of days…I would love to get a shot of it leaving, but…no information available…they don’t want to be tracked
I discovered it by accident in time to position myself for a shot, but had to guess “north” or “south”…I gambled “north” and watched it in my binocs as it landed south…c’est la vie c’est la guerre…

A stylistic device when use appropriately as a opposed to bastardized punctuation. Just sayin…

Ellipsis is a literary device that is used in narratives to omit some parts of a sentence or event, which gives the reader a chance to fill the gaps while acting or reading it out. It is usually written between the sentences as “…”.

You are just using it to use an ellipsis instead of a period.

But, go for it…

and, MrNearLAX, you questions are always interesting, your photos are too, and every time I’m hanging around In-And-Out I always wonder if you are one of the camera toters!