30 day rankings

Folks,

On the 30 day rankings the list on my page normally shows in the 1000s, sometimes my username is shown, at other times it is not.

Any reason for this?

Geffers

Bumping this, i have the same question

Hi Geffers and cwhyzee, thanks for the question. Could you post screenshots so we can see what you’re seeing?

1 Like

The 30 day ranking on my site roughly corresponds with my ranking, but my name is missing from this list. I’m just not clear on how this particular list is supposed to work.

1 Like

I think it’s happens to all of us.
I assume that the “window” in the rank numbers is based on previous position, but if the actual position varied more than that window, just simply “exits” the window and is not visible.

1 Like

I think that is a reasonable explanation SoNic. And probably compounded by the recent activation of my first radio.

Thanks!

1 Like

My apologies, original post some time back so unable to replicate. It may have been an issue at the time but does not appear to be so now.

Geffers

Yes, I had this, too, even recently I think. Most of the time it works, though.

OT a familiar name popping up :joy:

1 Like

Breathing in his neck :slight_smile:

Try to get me, muhaha…

Or maybe I just got the last glimpse of him galloping past me :wink:

Back to topic, @esmathews, today at 09:55

My ranking at that moment

Edit: the same happened on the stats page of my second site´

Edit 2: Just checked on a differenct computer with a different browser and a ctrl-f5, no change

Edit 3: More than an hour later, it has not fixed itself on site 1, but on site two it has…

Would be cool if it would be a place where we can see all this in a search-able, scroll-able fashion.

1 Like

I’ll ask the team this morning and let you know what we find. Thanks!

Curious if anything was ever found on why this happens, I’m a new user and I see my name in the 30-DAY SITE RANKING list maybe once a day and the other times it seems like a random list of people and I’m nowhere to be found.

No, it is not random, it is rather that you have climbed higher or dropped out of the list that is shown there. There really has not been an answer, so far. I guess the “window” of the ranking that is shown is just not refreshed often enough.

So, bumping this thread up… I’m wondering why I’m below the 2 site ahead? the numbers don’t seem to bear out the ranking?? what am I missing?

Hopefully that screen shot posted correctly… ???

The order seems correct in your screenshot (look at the bold column)

The first column after your name is the leading value which calculates the ranking

What is the magical formula? It would seem to be weighted heavily towards number of Aircraft seen as opposed to message traffic (which I’d consider a measurement of quality of contact) and the like. Here I’ve been tuning to get more messages through (great info on these boards!) but if I want to just count planes, I need to change my settings back I guess.

The ranking is pretty meaningless … don’t know which thread but it’s been discussed before.