Tail number change

I was going through old photos and found this picture, taken in Vancouver.

flightaware.com/photos/view/589 … ate/page/1

Apparently, the tail number has changed (see comment on picture). Is there a way to associate two tail numbers with a picture? Searching the new tail number will not pull up this photo, since it is tagged with the old tail number.

Of is the number I’ve tagged it with a serial number rather than a tail number? The serial number seems to be different:

registry.faa.gov/aircraftinquiry … txt=N429HF

Surely this is a situation that must happen regularly as aircraft are sold across borders.

The FAA registry info for N429HF claims a manufacturing year of 2013, your photo is from 2007?

Hmmm. Yes, the date on the photo is accurate. If N429HF is not a replacement tail number, can I get some help in finding out what happened to the helicopter in the photo? I got N429HF from a google search. The hit was to a page that is not accessible, so I don’t know what it actually said other than the google preview.

Maybe it’s C-GXOH rather than C-GXQH.

flickr.com/photos/bcavpics/8243412470/

This seems like a match. I will update the photo details.

The Canadian registry (wwwapps.tc.gc.ca/Saf-Sec-Sur/2/C … RchHs.aspx) has C-GXQH unused from 1990 through 2013, then registered as a Bell 429 to Bell/Textron (presumably the initial registration after manufacture)

The photo doesn’t look like a 429. However, C-GX**O**H is a Bell 206 that has been registered with that tail number since at least 1984 and that photo does look like a 206 so I think this is just a case of misidentification of the original photo.

(edit: you got there first…)