New Lines Appeared on SkyAware Map?

After a computer reboot last night I noticed straight orange lines on my SkyAware map that I do not remember seeing before. I tried toggling layers and overlays and they are always there. I do not see anything corresponding to these on SkyVector for my area, but I don’t really know how to read these charts.

See the lines here, you can see one north/south near my station on the map:

I have the same thing. They stretch from Florida to Spain and beyond. There are literally dozens of them going in seemingly random vectors.

Hi,

Those look like artifacts of some kind, and only appear on the OpenStreetMap charts at certain zoom levels for me. Recently someone on another group using an AIS decoder called AIS-catcher reported similar artifacts with certain browsers that looked very much like those. One possible explanation was possibly different types of graphics acceleration causing them.

I do see similar things in my area, but only when using OpenStreetMap as the chart. I am using Firefox 124.0.2. I rarely use the local web views, but your image looked enough like the previous AIS-catcher artifacts that I thought I would take a look.

Regards,
-Dan

I see these lines also. They appear/disappear depending on zoom level. Easiest to see with ocean blue background. This is on Safari browser.

Another confirmation this is OSM related, is that the identical lines appear in the exact same locations when viewing on the original site below.

Most likely related to OSM tiling, OSM processing, or something else behind the scenes that has nothing to do with FA at all.

Regards,
-Dan

It’s vandalism within the OSM data that has been corrected, but you might have old tiles cached: OSM Standard tile layer hacked? - #12 by SomeoneElse - General talk - OpenStreetMap Community Forum

try clearing your browser cache.

Thank you all for the info. I think it must be the Open Street Map. Two different computers (Win) and my iPad (iOS Safari) all show the same lines, appear / disappear with zoom level. I’ll just ignore them.

Thank you again!

Tim