Wrong "Landing in ... " calculation

Hello,

I think you’re displaying wrong information, I think because you did not received updated ETA.
AirBridgeCargo 310, ABW310 / RU310, for 4th July, gives EN ROUTE message with Landing in 2 hours 32 minutes, with just 50km to land in the airport scheduled.

Please check the printscreen.

What can the done to avoid displaying wrong information like this?

Thanks

Hello,

Can someone take a look on these kind of situations?
I assume that your Landing In calculation is based on estimated time of arrival.
But sometimes estimated time of arrivals are far away from the actual position of the plane.
In this case, the plane was 50km distance to the airport, and landed minutes later.
Estimated arrival time lead to a wrong Landing in calculation: 2h and 34minutes to land.
What can be done to avoid this?

Do you have any algorithm to improve the information you’re displaying?

Thanks

We deployed an internal algorithm improvement to ETAs on July 31 that we believe might improve the situation for future flights like this. Let us know if you are still seeing problems similar to this.

1 Like

Good news.

Regarding FlightXml Api, can you also give us that time somehow?
Because I’m trying to mimic that “Landing in” calculation, but I’m using only the ETA for that. With your recent changes, will ETA from FlightInfoStatus be updated during the flight, so I can calculate better the “Landing in” time? Or ETA won’t be updated during the flight?

Thanks

The “estimatedarrivaltime” (ETA) field can and will change throughout the flight as we receive better information, or our system makes its own calculations.

1 Like

Thanks.

I’ve got not the better algorithm, but it is better than nothing. It will costs me extra requests that I have to make during the flight to check for possible updates.