Wrong aircraft type (C10T)

For some flights, Flightaware lists the Cessna 208 Caravan as “Cessna P210 (turbine) (single-turboprop) (C10T)”

ie.

These flights are all Cessna 208 Caravans.

If you click on the photo for 9X54 (FDY54) Southern Airways Express Flight Tracking and History - FlightAware, it’s actually listed correctly as C208 in the log below it, even though the photo is tagged C10T.

This one is correct:

And there is no factory turbine Cessna 210 (only an aftermarket conversion like the Silver Eagle).

I reported this back in May 2018 to FA support by email, got a reply from Jessica Escobar who didn’t understand the problem, which I then explained in further sufficient detail, but I never got a reply back.

FYI, this turbine converted 210 is listed as a C10T:

But I don’t think FA has separate types for conversions. This Silver Eagle owned turbine 210 is still listed as a piston 210:

Edit: All the automatic HTML conversion (ala facebook) is ridiculous and makes it very difficult to read. Is there a way to prevent this? If not, there needs to be. At least facebook gives that option. One of the many problems after the forums changed design.

1 Like