Very Strange screen... Help!

If you want help, frst you tell what you see in SSH terminal?

pi@piaware:~ $

OR

pi@raspberrypi:~ $

Personally, I’d concede it’s broken in multiple places.
Get a fresh SD card and do a clean install, then:

• enable adaptive gain - and check it’s working
  • enable additional feeder sites (one at a time) - and check it’s working
  • make what ever other changes you want - and check it’s working

at the end, either you’ll know what it was that broke it, or you’ll have a working system.

1 Like

Your statistics page will tell you:

Assuming this is your site, it looks like you are running the piaware sd card image.

Got it. I don’t currently have access to my system, but will later this evening and will answer the questions posed…

My property is on top of a mountain at 1,940 feet in Napa Valley, CA. At this elevation, I can cover quite a bit of California, up to about the Oregon border, then well into Nevada and quite a way into the Pacific. My system is still feeding all of the sites, thankfully… Current Radarbox coverage map included for your interest. Currently #3 ranking in CA on RB…

I figured that would be the ultimate plan. I believe I learned a lot of what not to do by trial and error over the last install. Losing my graph1090 historical data was what I was trying to avoid.

1 Like

The instructions for backing up and restoring your graphs data is here:

Very cool. Thanks so much! I already have a backup flash drive that I duplicated earlier when it was running fine… I am wondering if I am better off starting from scratch, so as to not duplicate the current problem.

Yes, it is my site, and correct, I am running the piaware sd card image.

Personally, that’s what I would do. It might be worth taking a copy the .bash_history file to look at what you did previously.

You could always try that first, then if it still doesn’t work properly start with a fresh reimage of the SD card using the latest piaware image.

That will be best and cleanest solution, but before that give following method a try (this method is easily reversible if you dont get desired results)

sudo mv /usr/share/skyaware/html /usr/share/skyaware/html-orig  

git clone https://github.com/flightaware/dump1090

sudo cp -R dump1090/public_html_merged /usr/share/skyaware/html 

After above commands,
Clear Cache: Shift+Ctrl+Delete
Reload Browser: Ctrl+F5

That worked for the browser map… waiting to see if the ability to ssh back in goes away or not. Thank you very much for this. Might have saved me many, many hours of time.

| abcd567
November 17 |

• | - |

KevinVogt:

I am wondering if I am better off starting from scratch, so as to not duplicate the current problem.

That will be best and cleanest solution, but before that give following method a try (this method is easily reversible if you dont get desired results)

sudo mv /usr/share/skyaware/html /usr/share/skyaware/html-orig  

git clone [https://github.com/flightaware/dump1090](https://github.com/flightaware/dump1090)

sudo cp -R dump1090/public_html_merged /usr/share/skyaware/html 

After above commands,
Clear Cache: Shift+Ctrl+Delete
Reload Browser: Ctrl+F5

So it initially worked, but then hung up. Starting from scratch now…

Re-imaging Made Easy

NOTE: Do not use piaware SD card image download link in above howto, as it is old one (ver 5.0)

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.