Updating local DB

No that’s exactly what i’m talking about.
(also route information)

Although I’m not bothered about it myself, I’ve been trying to help people find a way to update their local dump1090-fa database.

I assumed that since you were participating in the discussion, it was something you were interested in as well.

Well, the data is courtesy of pfclient, so if people want the data in tar1090, they’ll have to just run pfclient.
I’m not a fan of just vacuuming data if it wasn’t meant for vacuuming.

ding
That’s the sound of the penny dropping. So if Planefinder is also installed and running, you’re using that data to populate the tar1090 aircraft list?

The registration and type are supplemented, i assume that the pfclient data are more up to date.
Additionally any route information and the IATA flight number are displayed if they are available.
(And not on all of them, European coverage on routes seems to be better than routes by American carriers)
And yes pfclient needs to be installed and running based on the same receiver, there is only data on received aircraft available.

For your mtg relay, the appropriate json would need to copied over every minute or so and i’d have to create a switch, because the functionality is normally only enabled if getting pf json data from the default URL succeeds.
Would be some stuff to change, but possible.

No, it’s absolutely fine as it is. I don’t have pfclient installed at the MTG site or on the relay Pi so it’s not worth doing anything extra on that one.

The way you’re doing it is a nice touch, I like it.

I did the SD card install of PiAware 4.0, the added mono so I could run the Virtual Radar serve executable and the plug-ins. VirtualRadar.WebAdminPlugin.tar.gz, VirtualRadar.DatabaseWriterPlugin.tar.gz, VirtualRadar.DatabaseEditorPlugin.tar.gz

The writer plug-in let’s me use a BaseStaion.sqb file and the editor plug-in let’s me call up records and add or delete data in the base station file.

I also installed Sqlite3 so I could add in some custom triggers that delete any false decodes, records with Mode-S counts or ADS-B counts of 2 or less.