United delays June 6-7, 2007

Just saw a couple United flights from LAX cancelled this morning. For anyone famliar with that flight route for United, is that common?

My daughter, riding on standy got bumped off a flight last night around 11 pm. All the people who were delayed took a next flight and she slept over.

She said the delay was due to security (or police) with dogs in the area and passengers were essentially in lockdown for a while, no one permitted to leave the area. She heard it was an immigration issue.

With dogs in an airport, I’m thinking sniffing for drugs but I’m not very familiar with airport security after your stuff has been scanned and you’re in the secure area.

They wouldn’t delay a whole airport for a drug search. Try a different threat…

explosives?

Sorry, I never like to discuss or joke about ex-------- in any airport because you never know who might be listening in. The T-- takes all discussions about stuff like that very seriously…they were looking for some lost car keys or something, I’m sure.

I’ve never said anything in that realm in an airport either. They said it to me though! Long story… January 2002.

Paul Harvey had a story yesterday about a film crew going through security (LAX?).

Either way, Monsters and Critics reports a tale regarding director Mike Figgis, best known for his film “Leaving Las Vegas”, in an encounter with security at Los Angeles International Airport. The story has Figgis being asked the purpose of his visit, and responding, “I’m here to shoot a pilot.”

As you might imagine, completely un-hip security personnel are said to have detained the director for five hours until they finally consulted online sources to confirm the phrase’s alternate meaning.

http://www.aero-news.net/index.cfm?ContentBlockID=6676ec81-322b-43ba-9b07-f0c926176bd1

…“I’m here to shoot a pilot.”

As you might imagine, completely un-hip security personnel are said to have detained the director for five hours until they finally consulted online sources to confirm the phrase’s alternate meaning.

The WRONG thing to say at exactly the right time! http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b8/CheckM8/spinner.gif

How was he to know a bunch of #ing MORONS work for the TSA! It took them five hours to find “SHOOT A PILOT” online? What’s worse is that they never heard the expression to begin with…

WOW :exclamation:

Never happened: boingboing.net/2007/05/31/mi … t_tsa.html

:laughing: