Terrorist Plot

UK plot to bomb plane thwarted

A major terrorist plot to allegedly blow up aircraft in mid-flight has been disrupted in a joint, pre-planned, intelligence-led operation by the metropolitan police anti-terrorist branch and security services," a police spokesman said.

Explosives in hand luggage theory
Bid to blow up UK aircraft foiled
Heathrow closed to incoming flights
Air passengers facing major delays

21 arrested as of about 7a.m. EDT.

If you know someone flying in/out of London today, GOOD LUCK.
It’s pretty sad when the BAA tells people NOT to go to the airports unless it’s absolutely necessary. What a mess.
The color-coded terror alert level at all U.S. airports has been raised to Orange, and Red for those flights flying to/from the U.K.
The airlines targeted were United, American, and Continental.

The world’s troublemakers are at it again. Gee, it’s funny…The same people who cause problems in the US are the same people who cause problems in the UK, Spain, and across Europe, and they’re the same people who cause problems in India, the Philippines, Malaysia, all across the Mid-East, and even in Russia. How come there’s only like 4 or 5 of us (countries) that are serious about fighting terror??? :confused:

BTW: Before someone trashes me for picking on Islam, I’m criticizing a small portion of Muslims who seem to think that the entire world must die if it chooses not only to convert to Islam, but also to enact Islamic (i.e. Barbaric) law.

And while Isreal is trying to destroy the heart of this threat, the world ‘passes resolutions’ against ISREAL!.

“It’s the end of the world as we know it.
It’s the end of the world as we know it.
It’s the end of the world as we know it and I feel fine.”

This is exactly why I am 100% behind Isreal…DON’T MESS WITH GOD’S PEOPLE!!!

Whats this about not being able to bring liquids on the plane?

No liquids or gels of any kind on any carryons, with the exception of baby formula and medication, both subject to inspection. In the UK, they’re making the passenger TASTE any liquids they’re carrying on. Can you imagine having to taste baby formula? :angry: …Or Breast milk? :angry: :angry:
I’m guessing that the plot thwarted in the UK probably involved explosive liquids or gels.

Soon you won’t be able to bring anything on the plane but you and your knickers.

If you’ve ever watched Die Hard: With a Vengeance (Die Hard 3), there are liquid-based explosives.

Coming Soon: NudeAir: “Why pack clothes?” -or- “Check your package at the gate.” -or- “Seat covers available for a nominal fee.” -or- “Just where does the flight crew put those damn wings?”
…I’m done now. (Amen)

Heh - what if you were like really late for your flight, and so you’re driving along to the airport and you had to pee really badly… so you reach for an empty soda bottle. Of course you don’t want to leave THAT sitting around inside your car, so you bring it with you - but your hands are full (what with luggage and everything), so you stow it in a bag and forget about it (because you’re in such a rush… :smiley:

Enter at your own risk…

naked-air.com

It’s ISRAEL!!

tsa.gov/press/happenings/threat-change.shtm

This should clear things up a little…

And heaven help us if the so-called security people at the airports actually do something like profiling!

Looks like pretty much all flights from EGLL, EGKK, and EGCC are shut down except for some of the long haulers. There are some flights in the air to IAD, JFK, YYZ, and YYT according to CNN.
The terror level has also been raised. I’ve just been to KBWI and it’s a total mess right now. Police everywhere, TSA checking EVERYONE. If you don’t need to go to the airport, don’t go. Really.

God help us all!

Regards
JetBlast @ BWI

Other than Dave here, does anyone else find this amusing?

“TSA … VIGILANT, EFFECTIVE, EFFICIENT.”

Sounds like a quote from the TSA’s web page. However, all of those in the known know that TSA stands for Terminally Stupid Administration.

Watching the news, it’s not only the USA that is going overboard. Some of the airports in Canada are going so far as to ban the sell of liquids within the secured areas.

Banning all liquids is absurd. Why not just ban opened containers and allow never opened containers like the fruit juice boxes onboard? Or, at least allow them in the secured area and not allow them to get on the aircraft.

The Merry Minuet!

They’re rioting in Africa (whistling)
They’re starving in Spain (whistling)
There’s hurricanes in Flo-ri-da (whistling)
And Texas needs rain
The whole world is festering with unhappy souls
The French hate the Germans, the Germans hate the Poles
Italians hate Yugoslavs, South Africans hate the Dutch
AND I DON’T LIKE ANYBODY VERY MUCH!!
But we can be tranquil and thankful and proud
For man’s been endowed with a mushroom-shaped cloud
And we know for certain that some lovely day
Someone will set the spark off
AND WE WILL ALL BE BLOWN AWAY!!
They’re rioting in Africa (whistling)
There’s strife in Iran
What nature doesn’t do to us
Will be done by our fellow “man”

As sung by the Kingston Trio in a live performance recorded for their first in-concert album “Live From the Hungry i”.

Written in 1953 by Broadway lyricist Sheldon Harnick, who also wrote “Fiddler on the Roof” and “Fiorello!”. This satire was introduced by Orson Bean in the 1953 revue John Murray Anderson’s Almanac.

Plus c’est la meme chose, plus a change!

If we’d just ban aircraft this would never happen. Why can’t people get to the root of the problem? I mean, jeez!

Security was raised to its highest level in Britain, and carry-on luggage was banned on all flights. (Click for news link)

I have a problem with the “no carry-on” luggage issue. Women can’t bring their purses, everyone can’t bring laptops- I don’t know if I trust $7/hour baggage handlers with $3000 laptops and God knows what in purses. In fact, I’m pretty sure most airlines tell you to not check valuables for that very reason (they don’t trust their own employees).

BTW folks, history stipulates there has never been a disaster that didn’t contain a positive component.

Buy fractional operator stock where available!!!