Unexplained "missile" of California explained?

I’m fairly certain it was AWE808. I used FA data to narrow it down to two possibilities, both originating in PHNL: AWE808 and UPS902, both at the right altitude at approximately the right time.

As I was researching tonight (Tuesday), I found that AWE808 was at the same position as yesterday when it would have been filmed, and I immediately checked a Newport Beach webcam and saw almost an identical “missile” contrail effect!

I’m 80% certain AWE808 is the culprit.

There’s a few minutes of uncertainty involved, but it looks pretty clear to me.

NORAD, USAF, etc. are scratching their heads trying to figure it out, and Liembo solves the mystery with FlightAware and a web-cam!!! +1

I think a Scooby-snack is in order :laughing:

Actually a reporter was the first to float the idea of a contrail. Our great sophisticated military machine, and they were baffled for 24 hours.

That’s the problem! where was the fact checking, the research that Liem did?

Just got off work and the talking heads are still where they were this morning.

But this started me thinking, I saw something similar while taking pics at the airport saturday Oct 30,2010. if it would have been an hour or so later it probably would have stood out more.
flightaware.com/photos/view/2417 … ate/page/1

Pentagon now says it was a contrail. I wonder how they reached that conclusion… They probably read liembo’s post! :laughing:

Was this the DOD investigating?

flightaware.com/live/flight/IVJ2 … /KNZY/KNZY

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L-3_Flight … l_Aviation

l-3com.com/fi/Services.htm

No.

It’s a Terrier/Black Brant or Terrier/Lynx target missle launched from San Nicholas Island by the Navy in support of the MDA’s Airborne Laser Test Bed, a 747 equipped with a huge chemical laser. Blasts missiles while in their boost phase:

[quote=“mfling”]
It’s a Terrier/Black Brant or Terrier/Lynx target missle launched from San Nicholas Island by the Navy in support of the MDA’s Airborne Laser Test Bed, a 747 equipped with a huge chemical laser. Blasts missiles while in their boost phase:

The video is from Jan. looks more like animation, the prior test ( Oct 21) was over 2 weeks before the Nov 8 event.

If it really was what you think, why would airliners be tracked anywhere near the launch area, and the OPs picture from Nov 09 web-cam, did they test another one with a similar contrail at nearly the same time? I don’t know but the OPs info seems alot more plausible than a ABL test.[/quote]

This dude has WAY too much time on his hands…

contrailscience.com/los-angeles- … -pictures/

wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=230425

“Experts: Mystery contrail was from Chinese missile”
Expert (X-spurt): X is the great unknown and a spurt is a drip under pressure.

Life is a great conspiracy. Everyone knows what’s going to happen next except you!

wnd.com/?pageId=235013