Unable to load mlat-client

You don’t need to do that - the gui on raspbian won’t be much help since all the ads-b software is administered with the command line. The easiest way for you to get a working system is to download and install the piaware image - it includes all the software you need to feed flightaware. You just have to configure wifi if you need it. You can then add software to feed any other sites should you want to.

You will be able to see aircraft you are receiving via a web page that you can view on your computer/ipad or whatever.

If you already have Raspbian Lite installed, this is the correct guide:
PiAware - dump1090 ADS-B integration with FlightAware - FlightAware

In case you already install rbfeeder, then you need to make sure that is correctly configured.
(and doesn’t hog the USB stick, if you have problem with that maybe just try removing it with
sudo apt remove rbfeeder
it can always be reinstalled/configured later).

Alternatively you can just go with this install script, it takes care of installing dump1090-fa and automatically adjusts the gain:
Bundle install for dump1090fa · wiedehopf/adsb-scripts Wiki · GitHub

sudo bash -c "$(wget -q -O - raw.githubusercontent.com/wiedehopf/adsb-scripts/master/install-complete.sh)"

Then install piaware:

sudo apt install piaware

Then claim your station:
PiAware - Claim and Link a Brand New PiAware Ground Station - FlightAware

Then set your coordinates here: https://flightaware.com/adsb/stats/user/TimothyTapio

After that FA mlat should work and give you mlat results as well.

Airnav/Radarbox is another company, but the stick will work fine with Flightaware.
Basically most of those sticks are compatible (rtl-sdr).
Airnav/Radarbox do have an MLAT system, but it doesn’t give you results back and it’s not as mature as FAs MLAT system.

Best wishes for your health :slight_smile:

Wow, did you just make my life easy for me? I’ll redo the “lite” image and then follow the script…but I have to put a monitor right in front of the thing so I can see. I’m fortunate, I lost over 40% of peripheral vision on the bottom, both eyes (only 15% of people that get this rare condition get both eyes impacted) but I could just as easily have woken up blind…I don’t like this but it sure beats being totally blind. I can find ways to compensate for most thing. Next month they use laser and burn a hole in each iris to the eyeball won’t build up pressure. About a 5 minute procedure…doesn’t sound like fun but I won’t have any glaucoma issues…

And now, back to traffic…head upstairs, clean off card and restart…totally expect success this try…