Suggestion and Comment

I would love to see the ability to have 10 aircraft instead of 5. I have four aircraft that I follow with my company and would like to track friends to see if we are going to be in the same place. It would be nice to have a little more room. Maybe it could be sections track self, track (custom), track (custom 2) etc. giving options of 5 planes per section and maybe capable of 5 sections per acct.

now for the comment. The first 3 times that i logged on it was flawless. now it seems to be a bit behind. some of the planes show a scheduled flight and it has already landed with a 5 hr flight being complete. not a complaint but just a comment. I love the idea and function of the site. some tweeking and you got it nailed. Poll to follow

Last thing maybe a widget for Dashboard mac and or one for konfabulator. This way we could check our desired aircraft in a shortcut fashion

Thanks David

I’ll let dbaker answer this one.

now for the comment. The first 3 times that i logged on it was flawless. now it seems to be a bit behind. some of the planes show a scheduled flight and it has already landed with a 5 hr flight being complete. not a complaint but just a comment. I love the idea and function of the site. some tweeking and you got it nailed.

We’ve had reports of missing flights before and each one works out a new kink in our system. What tail number were you looking at?

Last thing maybe a widget for Dashboard mac and or one for konfabulator. This way we could check our desired aircraft in a shortcut fashion

Screensavers and dashboard widgets are planned, but I’m not sure when we’ll get to them. I’ve filed it as an enhancement in our bug tracking system (open to the public here) so you can track the progress (and get other people to vote for it!).

I have every intention of putting together some Dashboard widgets, but it seems premature to do so until the mapping technology is finalized. Every day we’re seeing improvements in the maps with both quality and features and I think it’s prudent to just wait until the technology settles down somewhat.

Having a dashboard widget that did not have a map would be great. It would let a person see which of the airplanes are in the air etc. arrival time or scheduled. Just text would be a great thing. I would love to chat with you about it.