Skyaware Map: How to change date format from US Month/Day/Year to UK Day/Month/Year

Thanks for the link.

The browser setting has to be done on every computer I use to view IP-of-PI/skyaware.

On the other hand, I had to do it only once in script.js and I can view format of my choice on skyaware on all my computers (and even on phone), irrespective of their settings.

And then it’s wrong for anyone else viewing the same page who has configured their browser appropriately.

See also discussion at Skyview: Non-ambiguous date and time formats by varnav · Pull Request #45 · flightaware/dump1090 · GitHub

2 Likes

You are right, and this is true if this modification is applied to source-code/deb packge.

This will also be true if it is done locally on user’s RPI, but the user has allowed access to others through Internet to view their IP-OF-Pi/skyaware page.

For users like me, who have not given access to others on internet to view their skyaware map, setting locale in their RPI in script.js should not cause a problem, I think so.

1 Like

My PC shows the time and date in the bottom right corner.

You could check to see if yours does too

If I set my Windows PC to Region Canada, yes PC’s date display is DD/MM/YYYY, but skyaware display is ISO (YYYY/MM/DD) and not my desired DD/MM/YYYY

When I add locale "en-GB" to script.js the skyaware time display changes to my desired DD/MM/YYYY

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.