site location

hi,
i am new to flightaware and like to run it with pi.
i can see planes on the map but i am not able to MLAT.
i get the message:
This feeder is not being used for multilateration because its timing information appears to be unreliable. This can be caused by the site location being incorrect, or because your Pi is running out of free CPU.
any help for what i can do or must do in order to MLAT.
sincerely
herbert
southern germany near EDDN

the first thing to do is to make sure your profile page flightaware.com/adsb/stats/user/milscan has the correct location of your receiver.

The easiest way to do this is to find where you are on google maps, switch to satellite view, then right click, select ‘What’s Here?’ from the menu.

see if it works then.

Hi Herbert,

Have you used top to see your CPU usage?
Are you using an RPI1 or RPI2? 2 is much better has it has about 6 times the CPU capacity.

Are there any other devices using the USB ports? I use two dingles and a GPS unit(via the GPIO pins) with no power issues, however, I have seen plenty of people complaining about USB power issues. Do you use a good 2 Amp power supply? I see that there are long periods with no data. Is this because there is no traffic or is the RPI being power cycled or shutdown for some reason. This user, flightaware.com/adsb/stats/user/ … tats-15218, is near you and seems to see traffic 24/7. They may have a better location or antenna setup, however, I would expect that you should see traffic most of the time.

Jon