New Setup - Banner Anomaly with MLAT

Hello,

I just got everything set up last night. I have a FlightAware Pro Stick Plus running on a Raspberry Pi 4B (8 GB) with Bookworm. I’m feeding data but FlightAware doesn’t like something with my MLAT. I keep getting this message on my stats page banner…

This feeder is not being used for multilateration because its timing information appears to be unreliable. This can be caused by the site location being incorrect, or because your Pi is running out of free CPU.

After restarting the Pi, it goes green for a little while and then the “View Anomalies” appears again with the message above. CPU, memory, temperature, voltage, etc. are all fine on the Pi. Nothing else is running on it.

I found some similar posts from quite a while ago but none of them really gave a root cause.

Any thoughts or suggestions how to troubleshoot?

Thanks.

I had early issues with MLAT stability and it always turned out to be poor location latitude and longitude parameters. Using the automatic location option to set the parameters was the answer to stable MLAT.

1 Like

I had a GPS module in my bin of Raspberry Pi stuff so I plugged it in and got everything configured. So far, so good with automatic location. Thank you! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well done. Enjoy the ride.

1 Like

Where I am, MLAT is sketchy.

Never had this issue with a Raspberry, even without a GPS module.
This should happen only at the very beginning until the Raspberry gets the new time via internet.

Make sure your ntp or chrony services are running properly.