Route not showing on tracking page

I planned a flight from KCLL to KCWF via EAKES T254 CREPO. The route shows up in the plan and navigation log. However, the route does not show on the scheduled flight in the tracking page. Link to tracking Dont know if this is an issue with the T route or just have to wait until the plan is filed with the FAA 2 hrs prior to departure.

Keep up the good work!

Not an answer to your question but raises one for me Bataza,

Does a flight plan post to Flight Aware before it’s sent to the FAA as what appears to be happening in Bataza’s case?

I plan to fly tomorrow morning and this most certainly would give a user incentive to see it displayed in Flight Aware"before it’s time" from the FAA as I plan to file some plans tonight.

Since I plan to file two plans (one each way), if Flight Aware shows the plans for tomorrow morning, tonight after I file, will it display both or just the latest one?

We put the stub for the flight on our site as soon as you file with us, but we don’t show the route until we get it back from the FAA after being digested by ETMS for ammendments (usually 2 hours in advance).

Allen: All of your filed flights will be displayed. And yes I have your POH but it’s behind a few Citations and TBMs.

Thanks Mark,

Love that feature! Nothing more satisfying then instant gratification of seeing scheduled when it’s filed vs waiting for the FAA to feed it back to you. Also, would appear to me the routing information is coming back sooner to Flight Aware by one hour when we file through Flight Aware?

Couple of questions and one suggestion. When is the flight plan actually transmitted to the FAA? Can that time be annotated on the page when the transmission will take place.

DUAT has this feature where that it will show when it will be transmitted to the FAA and anytime before that if I need to amend it, I can edit the flight plan. Once it’s been sent, I have to call FSS to amend.

When will the “flight plan filed” text alert be sent out? When I input the data in Flight Aware or when FAA accepts the data?

WRT the POH, I think I have worked around the problem as somebody added the BE23 and I imported the canned version into my aircraft profile page the other day.

I will file my plans this evening through Flight Aware… If it goes through (I think it will) then I am ok with the preconfigured one in the drop down list and you won’t need to muck with what I have.

If I run into any problems, I know where you live :stuck_out_tongue:

Ah… I thought that might be the case. Just thought I’d ask. Thanks for the quick reply. We’ll see what happens when I pick up my clearance in a couple hours. :slight_smile:

Charlie

When you file with us we immediately insert the stub on our site and send you (the filer) an email with what you filed and your weather briefing.

2 hours before departure your flight plan goes to ATC and you can’t cancel it with us anymore (you can still call 800wxbrief or center).

5 minutes later we get it back from ETMS and put the route on the site and send filed alerts to everyone who has requested them.

Route shows up on your tail number now. :smiley:

Piper Cherokee Arrow (piston-single) (P28R/G - track or photos)
Origin Easterwood Field (KCLL - track or info)
Destination Chennault Intl (KCWF - track or info)
Other flights between these airports
Route EAKES T254 CREPO (Decode)
Date Wednesday, Mar 17, 2010
Duration 1 hours 28 minutes
Status Scheduled

Mark,

As you can or will see, it went seamless for me in filing my 2 plans.

One suggestion and one question (NO Pika, I didn’t break it :stuck_out_tongue: )

Is there a way you can break out printing the filing and briefing as choices? It’s very rare that I do print the weather briefing, yet I always print the filing results and take it with me on my flight. Maybe check mark boxes or buttons at the bottom of the results indicating print flight plan, print weather briefing or even the option of print both as it exists now?

Question is under the manage flight plans, will the briefing bring up the most current (like tomorrow morning) when I click the button or is it cached based on the filing of the plan?

Be real nice if it is indeed always a current briefing every time I visit the manage flight plans.

Lunch with sis tomorrow Allen? Enjoy!

Yeah, and also getting my Xponder adjusted while I am there so it will show I can hold the altitude I am assigned :smiley:

What you want from the filing result should all be in the navlog; the navlog is intended to be the 1 page print-and-take-with-you page (try it… the page header and car/hotel ads won’t print so it really does fit on a page).

The briefing is as it was when you filed. I’ll kick around the idea of refreshing the briefing.

Was a good flight down there. Nice 18 kt tailwind for 1:15 minute flight from CLL to CWF. Unfortunately no internet in the sticks in LA so had to file the return with a briefer.

Charlie

Oddly enough tho. The return route was filed as CREPO T254 EAKES and clearance on T254 was given and flown yet the route shows up as V306 TNV. PermaLink

Strange things with the new T route. Duats doesn’t recognize it either.

Charlie