Question

Hello,

I have just a couple questions for the experts out there. My girlfriend is taking a trip to Nicaragua but is making a stop in Panama. I’ve never been in a plane so I’m pretty nervous and pray she gets there without any problems. I was tracking her plane but as soon as she got into Cuban airspace, the plane icon went away.

I’m assuming FA doesn’t track flights in Cuban airspace? Once it leaves Cuban airspace, will I be able to track her all the way to Panama or will it not show up anymore?
(http://flightaware.com/live/flight/CMP431) - there’s a link to her flight.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

First, welcome to FA.

B) don’t worry. Always remember that flying is safer than driving.

1. Here is the simple answer.

How does FlightAware handle international flights? (Back To Top)
Short answer: Not very well.

Long answer: FlightAware can only track aircraft that are being tracked by the FAA, which means aircraft only in the United States. For flights arriving in the US from an international origin, FlightAware will be able to track the flight once it is handed off to the US. For flights departing the US for an international destination, FlightAware will be able to track the flight until it leaves the US and then it will be lost with no arrival ever recorded or the arrival time will be the time it left the US.

FlightAware Frequently Asked Questions–International Flights

Wow…talk about timing while typing… :slight_smile: