Plane carrying 43 crashes in Afghanistan

KABUL - An Afghan passenger plane crashed into the mountains of northern Afghanistan on Monday with 43 people on board, including foreigners, the interior ministry told AFP.

The Pamir Airways plane was en route from the northern province of Kunduz to Kabul when it came down over the Hindu Kush mountains. The cause of the crash was not immediately clear.

The government said the aircraft lost radio contact about 30 kilometres (19 miles) from the capital. It was carrying 38 passengers and five crew, interior ministry spokesman Zemarai Bashary told AFP.

google.com/hostednews/afp/ar … TzDMTcbaDw

If you subscribe to the theory that crashes come in threes there is one more to go. hope not.

I was thinking the exact same thing! :open_mouth:

I don’t. There’s at least one crash a day among the three branches of aviation (commercial, general, military/government). The vast majority of them just don’t get reported out of the whatever area they crashed in.

Here’s an example: AN-28 crash in Suriname. I haven’t seen any news reports on this outside of The Aviation Herald.

The FAA’s Preliminary Accident & Incident Data page reported 7 crashes on May 15 and 16 alone.

I think the theory is about three large, newsworthy crashes, not necessarily a Doctor landing with the gear up.