Piaware 8.2 Package Download

Where can I download the Piaware 8.2 package using wget? I used to have a location for 7.2 but it is too old. I need to install Piaware on an already working SD card. There are too many other apps on the card to re-image it.

See URL: “PiAware - dump1090 ADS-B integration with FlightAware - FlightAware”.
Repeating from section 2:
2Download and Install PiAware

Download and install the FlightAware APT repository package, which tells your Pi’s package manager (apt) how to find FlightAware’s software packages in addition to the packages provided by Raspbian.

wget https://flightaware.com/adsb/piaware/files/packages/pool/piaware/f/flightaware-apt-repository/flightaware-apt-repository_1.1_all.deb
sudo dpkg -i flightaware-apt-repository_1.1_all.deb

Update your apt package sources and install PiAware. This will install all the required dependencies on your Raspberry Pi.

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install piaware

Enable automatic and manual (web-based, via your request) PiAware software updates. These updates are disabled by default. To leave updates disabled, skip this step.

sudo piaware-config allow-auto-updates yes
sudo piaware-config allow-manual-updates yes

3Download and Install dump1090

If you don’t already have ADS-B decoder software such as dump1090 installed, then you can install FlightAware’s version of dump1090 by executing the following command.

sudo apt-get install dump1090-fa

4Download and Install dump978

sudo apt-get install dump978-fa

For further instructions to configure your receiver for 978 UAT, go to our advanced configuration page.

5Reboot your Pi

Once you have finished installing and configuring the packages, reboot your Raspberry Pi to ensure that everything starts correctly.

sudo reboot
1 Like

The URL should be:

Thanks! That worked. The RPi is up and running.