PiAware 6 is live

Thanks for the quick reply abcd567. I thought that might be the case but definitely showing Buster when I run that command:

Your command prompt pi@raspberrypi confirms that you have package install on Raspbian. The output of cat /etc/os-release confirms it is Buster.

If dump1090-fa 5.0 bp09+1 is shown on skyaware map, then try clear browser cache (ctrl+shift+delete) then reload browse (ctrl+F5).

(1) What is output of following command?

apt-cache policy dump1090-fa

(2) What method you used to upgrade?

Choose the “upgrade and restart dump1090” command on your stats page.

Hi there

1. Output as follows:

2) I followed your 3 uploads

Thanks
Mark

That is output of command cat /etc/os-release.

I am still waiting for output of following command:

It is as follows:

what is the output of following command:

cd ~/
ls

@mtaylor334

(1) Your screenshot shows that the script did NOT built any dump1090-fa’s package. Please see my installation in which package dump1090-fa_6.0_armhf.deb was built by the script.

(2) Looking at folders you have, it seems it is NOT RPi. It seems to be Raspberry Pi Desktop on PC.

(3) Delete source-code folder dump1090 and run the script again

cd ~/
sudo rm -rf dump1090

sudo bash -c "$(wget -O - https://raw.githubusercontent.com/abcd567a/piaware-ubuntu20-amd64/master/dump1090-fa.sh)"

IMPORTANT:
The script will first update. During this process it will several times say repository has changed, and will ask if you allow updating from this repository. If you say no, then update will not be done and package building will fail. Please say yes whenever it asks above question.

I have just now run the script on Raspberry Pi Desktop on PC, and it successfully built and installed dump1090-fa.

pi@raspberry:~ $ uname -a
Linux raspberry 4.19.0-13-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.19.160-2 (2020-11-28) x86_64 GNU/Linux

I was only asked once and replied “Yes”

Thank you for your patience and very helpful instructions. It is now showing as:

Thanks and regards
Mark

1 Like

I’ve been testing V6.0 for 24 hours now, and found the following:

1. My FlightAware stats page, keeps warning me and showing I’m still running V5.0.

2. I’m running a Pro Stick Plus and an RTL-SDR in parallel - same Jetvision antenna, same coax, same Uputronics, and have set the RTL to auto and the Pro Stick Plus at manual maximum gain.
    The PSP normally just outperforms the RTL on my FR24 stats page, and it still does, but only just.
    On my FA stats page, the RTL normally outperforms the Pro Stick Plus, but no longer does.

3. If I check the options at sudo nano /etc/default/dump1090-fa, the gain is always shown as 60 on both set-ups, which appears to be the same as -10?
    I manually set the Pro Stick Plus to 49.6 and left the RTL at 60, but turned on auto-gain.

So far I think it’s good, but for my particular set-up, I’ve never really got better results, adjusting the gains from anything but 49.6.

Just my rather non-technical synopsis, so far… :slightly_smiling_face:

For my third site, Instead of starting clean, I upgraded from the Site Config menu. (no problems at all).

One thing that surprised me:

1 Like

I’ve noticed exactly the same thing and also can see a 10% reduction on both of my RPi set-ups :+1:

Does anyone know if there’s any easy way to see what gain setting is currently in use?

Just out of interest with the V6.0 auto-gain, it would be nice to see what it’s actually doing :thinking:

Found this out myself by looking at the JSON file - my auto-gain set-up seems to keep settling on 43.4

SSH to the device and use
sudo systemctl status dump1090-fa

1 Like

That’s amazing - thanks Mr Fox :smiley:

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.