Pi Aware 7.2 LCD Installation Fails

I have a working 7.2 non LCD setup up and running. I building a second system that utilizes the LCD Screen on a PI3. I also tried this on 7.1/7.0/6.0 LCD Pi aware versions. The installation always hangs up sometimes at [OK] Started User Login or Load/Save Kill switch Status. I have tried Etcher and Pi imager. Same results. Also tried on a PI4 same result. Tried 4 different memory cards, same result. Even used the Memory card that had on a working 7.2 version (Non-LCD) same result. Reinstalled the 7.2 Non LCD and installation was no problem. I don’t know what I am doing that is incorrect but it must be something on my end as many people have the LCD version working. I am monitoring the installation via the HDMi Port. Any help would be appreciated.

Greg

Have you got the right lcd display? Currently only this one is supported?

You are correct… The link you sent and the one on the build guide links to the waveshare 3.2 not the 3.5.

I purchased from the link provided by flightaware which is incorrect. It looks like the Amazon seller used to sell the 3.5 on this listing but has switched it to the 3.2inch . Did a bit more digging and the displays (3.2 vs 3.5) required entirely different software to operate…

It makes sense now, why it does not work. Wonder how difficult it would be to get this to work on the 3.2…

Sorry about that. It looks like the product did indeed change for that link.

Our FlightFeeders used to support the 3.2inch. I’d have to check to see what needs to be done to make it work with the 3.2inch

Thanks for the feedback, I only purchased this screen for use with my pi-aware build. I am unable to return it. Let me know if you can help me to get this work if not, is it possible you could provide a link to the correct screen? Looks like there are also a few waveshare 3.5 inch screens …

Thanks,

Greg

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.