ORD T-Storms

Wednesday, March 21st, at 2200Z, storms are pounding ORD.

A few flights have diverted while others are holding:

flightaware.com/live/airport/KORD

I was just looking at activity for PIA and noticed an AA flight from LAX and MCO destined for ORD were diverted to Peoria.
I am new to this and don’t know how to post the link to the flights or I would. :slight_smile:

The easiest way is just to copy the URL in the address bar and paste it in a posting.

If you read the Discussions FAQ, you can find out how to post a link like this: AAL354 LAX-PIA 21 Mar

The above is

[AAL354  LAX-PIA 21 Mar](http://flightaware.com/live/flight/AAL354/history/20070321/1842Z/KLAX/KPIA)

I knew a guy once that was on a 744 from KSFO to KORD. ORD was having some fierce thunderstorms and put them in a holding pattern. After about thirty minutes they diverted to KMSP. They claimed fuel was the reason. Must not fill them up too much for domestic flights.

It was probably circling at less-than-ideal altitude so it was consuming a lot of fuel. I believe the reserves are suppose to be something like enough to get to an alternate plus 45 minutes. One of the pilots on here should be able to help with the exact requirements.

You are right dami. Fly to alternate plus 45 min.