Odroid N2+ & Airspy R2 Help

I just received an Odroid N2+ and I’d like to get it running with my Airspy R2 and NESDR SMARt V5.

I installed Armbian 23.02 Jammy XFCE and ran through the wiki posted by @wiedehopf (Odroid N2 and feeding · wiedehopf/adsb-wiki Wiki · GitHub) and successfully installed everything. Beyond that, I’m not sure what to do to get everything running and feeding.

I’m very new to all of this, so any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Use wiedehopf’s script to install the airspy decoder and readsb: GitHub - wiedehopf/airspy-conf: Configure airspy_adsb for use with readsb or piaware.

The airspy thread is here: HOWTO: Airspy mini and Airspy R2: Piaware / dump1090-fa configuration

Once the decoder is installed, you can install whichever feeders you want to use.

2 Likes

Thanks @caius I did miss the decoder step. I’m trying to install piaware now and I’m getting this error:

gpg: skipped “FlightAware build automation adsb-devs@flightaware.com”: No secret key
gpg: dpkg-sign.lPlD3YvB/piaware_8.2~bpo9+1_arm64.buildinfo: clear-sign failed: No secret key

dpkg-buildpackage: error: failed to sign .buildinfo file
[sudo] password for javaman:
(Reading database … 180177 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack …/piaware_8.2~bpo9+1_arm64.deb …
Unpacking piaware (8.2~bpo9+1) over (8.2~bpo9+1) …
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of piaware:
piaware depends on tcl-tls (>= 1.7.22-2+fa1~bpo9); however:
Version of tcl-tls:arm64 on system is 1.7.22-2ubuntu1.

dpkg: error processing package piaware (–install):
dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
Processing triggers for libc-bin (2.35-0ubuntu3.1) …
Processing triggers for rsyslog (8.2112.0-2ubuntu2.2) …
Processing triggers for man-db (2.10.2-1) …
Errors were encountered while processing:
piaware

I think when I installed a 64-bit version of piaware recently, I had to build tcl-tls from scratch.
This is 4 months ago. Take a look at:

1 Like

The script to automatically build piaware from source code at following site includes automatically building of tcl-tls- rebuild from sourcecode

1 Like

@abcd567 that fixed it! I appreciate the help

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.