Odroid N2 & Airspy - Now running!

And those prescriptions are the version I used. I used those scripts to install 1090-fa, then 978-fa, and then piaware-builder. Works (almost) like charm. It doesn’t take too long, and now I run the arm64 version on Ubuntu bionic on the N2.

1 Like

Did you try the config script again or are you just doing it manually now?
It should no longer error out for you just in case you want to use it.

Do you have it running on the airspy already?

Sorry, I had the opporunity to leave work early, and I didn’t look back. No, I did not try the config script again. I completed the configuration using the manual instructions. Everything is running - Airspy, piaware, dump1090-fa, mlat, modesmixer2. Of course I’m only getting about 10 planes since I am using a 770 mhz yagi on it right now. Tomorrow I’ll switch my “real” antenna setup over to the Odroid, will change the feeder ID, and I should be in good shape.

Thanks

Mike

1 Like

Due to lack of reliability of the UAT, I decided to remove the UAT from the N2. The N2 only has 1090 and the 978 is now on an RPI. But, I am not able to have piaware on the N2 understand that it needs to stop looking for 978. I have changed the configuration for /etc/default/dump978-fa to enabled=no. I have disabled and mask the dump978. Yet, PiAware keeps telling me:

Jul 06 23:25:06 odroid piaware[2333]: no ADS-B data program seen listening on port 30978 for 250 seconds, next check in 60s

What do I need to do for Piaware to stop looking for 978?

piaware-config uat-receiver-type none
1 Like

Quot from QuickStart Guide:

3 Likes

Ok, I am planning to upgrade my Odroid set up, from a XU4 (which is working with an Airspy, my top unit) to a N2. Can I hope that all I need to do is to swap the SD card from the XU4 to the N2 and all will be well??? (Note the posts re ARM64 issues)The only other thing I will have to worry about, is adding a new N2 MAC address for Flightaware purposes.

Piaware doesn’t care about the MAC

Sorry not well worded, meaning when Flightaware picks up the new MAC, I will need to alter which feed is using what device :slightly_smiling_face:

PiAware doesn’t use the MAC address to identify feeds, it exclusively uses the feeder UUID. This has been true for quite a long time now.

No it won’t be fine. Needs a fresh image and the shenanigans described in this thread.

No reason to change to the N2 either the XU4 is more than fast enough.

Damm, oh well it will be right. And yes there is a need to change over if you have other plans for the XU4 :slight_smile:

I run the N2 with Debian Stretch on ARM64; there is a buster version as well. I chose to compile piaware, dump1090-fa, dump978-fa explained in this post in detail and they are in arm64.

If you run an Airspy, you need to get the libraries for 32-bit armhf. Also needed for FR24 or Planefinder (don’t know about other feeders). Enough detail is provided in the post above.

1 Like

This thread is a bit chaotic, i’ve tried condensing most of the information here:
Odroid N2 and feeding · wiedehopf/adsb-wiki Wiki · GitHub

3 Likes

Thank You … !!!:clap::clap::clap:

F Y I. Just using your referenced up dated git hub " Odroid N2 and feeding"

In installing the " Installing dump1090-fa (required)" , I have come up with this error. I am now running through the manual install

2 packages can be upgraded. Run ‘apt list --upgradable’ to see them.

N: Skipping acquire of configured file ‘main/binary-armhf/Packages’ as repositor y ‘Index of /n2/ bionic InRelease’ doesn’t support architecture 'armhf ’
N: Skipping acquire of configured file ‘piaware/binary-arm64/Packages’ as reposi tory ‘http://flightaware.com/adsb/piaware/files/packages stretch InRelease’ does n’t support architecture ‘arm64’ ####

on this line of script - " ```
" dpkg-buildpackage -b "
I have got this error -

"dpkg-deb: building package ‘dump1090-fa-dbgsym’ in ‘debian/.debhelper/scratch-space/build-dump1090-fa/dump1 090-fa-dbgsym_3.7.1_arm64.deb’.
Renaming dump1090-fa-dbgsym_3.7.1_arm64.deb to dump1090-fa-dbgsym_3.7.1_arm64.ddeb
mv debian/.debhelper/scratch-space/build-dump1090-fa/dump1090-fa-dbgsym_3.7.1_arm64.deb …/dump1090 -fa-dbgsym_3.7.1_arm64.ddeb
dpkg-genbuildinfo --build=binary
dpkg-genchanges --build=binary >…/dump1090-fa_3.7.1_arm64.changes
dpkg-genchanges: info: binary-only upload (no source code included)
dpkg-source --after-build dump1090
dpkg-buildpackage: info: binary-only upload (no source included)
signfile dump1090-fa_3.7.1_arm64.buildinfo
gpg: keybox ‘/home/odroid/.gnupg/pubring.kbx’ created
gpg: skipped “Eric Tran eric.tran@flightaware.com”: No secret key
gpg: dpkg-sign.EiRNvjKF/dump1090-fa_3.7.1_arm64.buildinfo: clear-sign failed: No secret key

dpkg-buildpackage: error: failed to sign .buildinfo file

@jlb56

cd ../
ls

Does the ls command list the following?
dump1090-fa_3.7.1_arm64.deb

Yes it does…

Give this command
sudo dpkg -i dump1090-fa_3.7.1_arm64.deb