New Bangkok airport identifier? ie NRT is RJAA

Thanks

The ICAO code for Bangkok is VTBS.

Dbaker was nice. I’ll tell it like it is. There’s another thread on this. Use the search feature.
DO NOT use the subject line as the entire body of the message. That’s just plain laziness.

“i.e.” means “that is.” What you should have used was “e.g.” which means "for example.

To the others on the board - guess my “this is America - people have the right to be ignorant so I’m not going to correct grammar mistakes” didn’t last long! :slight_smile:

**hehehehehe…that’s okay, Dami…we really didn’t expect it to… :wink: **

Do you get some sort of kick from talking to others in such a disgusting manner?

I’m surprised that neither Mark nor Dan have banned you from posting here, because I certainly would have done. :angry:

I don’t get my kicks from it. I get tired of people mangling the English language (e.g. the i.e. versus e.g.) and being so lazy they use the subject line in place of the body of the posting.

Actually, on second thought, maybe I do get my kicks from it. :slight_smile:

Just looking for a answer to my question. I see now that the question had already been asked. Jumped on this site without doing my research first. This is the first question I had ever ask.

Well the simple solution to that is to either ignore it/them or don’t read the theads at all. In case you’ve forgotten, this is flightaware.com forums not punctuation&grammar.com.

It’s a great pity that you’ve got nothing better to do with your time then pick holes in everyone elses posts.

Why, thank you, sir! I’m much obliged that you have found out my true calling in life!

So what you are saying is that grammar is only important in English classes? It’s never important in aviation or anything else?

RobK, though the delivery is not all that subtle, I agree with Damiross. The need to communicate effectivly is becoming a lost art. For the most part, whatever the topic, people posting here make an attempt to communicate as if we were in conversation with another person. Since we don’t have our voices, we must type. So, with written communication we must try to maintain a certain standard that we all understand. Reverting to internet shorthand or simple ignoring the rule of grammer means that much of what is said by some people is lost with their lack of ability to communicate their ideas effectly and correctly. Sometimes lack of ability is magnified with lack of effort. Take the time to do your part, and the rest of the community will become more open.

Many people posting here are professionals in various fields. These people would not accept a bending of the rules to accommidate the lowest common denominator at work and expect the same standards here as well.

Posts like " yo dudes, i seen this thing real low near, like, the airport. sOMEONE iN tROUBLE oR wHAT " just don’t cut it here. :slight_smile:

Lancasterperch, you said what I said in a much better manner.

Nobody has ever said I was a tactful or eloquent so I appreciate it when someone is able to restate what I said in such a manner.

BUSTED!!!

Unless you meant a specific BODY (doubtful), NOBODY is one word…

Game, set, match…ME

Thanks, cfijames. Error noted and corrected.

(Hey, you nay sayers: I can also accept people pointing out my mistakes as well as I can point out the mistakes of others. Can’t we all just get along and have great grammar here?)

BUSTED…AGAIN!!!

Come on dami!! Don’t give James the Younger credit for that one!

James the Younger, James the Older - is there a difference?

Sorry about that, old chap.

Can I get Dave’s girlfriend over here, please???

Dave has gone off the deep end!!

Read it again Dami.

SLOWLY, and out loud. Then, sit down, think about it. Read it again. Think about it for a little longer. Finally, make the correction.

A la the opening of “The Simpsons”
Pika1000 wrote the correction, not Cfijames.

And then in the words of the King of Siam: etc. etc. etc.

Do I have it right now?

Nice…