Near collision video - 737 vs Radio Controlled plane

Haven’t seen this posted yet.
near miss with rc plane and virgin jet at perth airport - YouTube)

Not sure who could be so boneheaded, but I guess there is one.

Can we say this looks faked? It’s either that or these are among the stupidest people in the world.

If this is the VOZ video at YPPH (can’t look at it at work), then it is most definitely real:

liveatc.net/forums/listener- … /msg35696/

thewest.com.au/default.aspx? … tID=137095

BL.

I was thinking it was perhaps a matter of perspective. I now withdraw that statement but stay with my second statement about them being among the stupidest people in the world.

From thewest.com.au article:

“Flying a model aircraft within 5.5km of an airport and at any distance on an approach path is a Federal offence.”

This is an Australian law. Is there any such similar law in the US?

I don’t believe so.

There’s a model/RC Airplane group that my next door neighbour’s kid belongs to that takes their planes out to a strip less than 5nm from KMHR. You can see it on Google Maps or Google Earth. Go to either of those, serach for KMHR, maneuver slightly east until you see a golf course east of the field. Take that street all the way south (should be Eagle’s Nest Road) until it intersects with Keifer. The model airplane strip is just north of that intersection.

It isn’t directly in the path on final, but it’s close enough. Funnily enough, The Norcal TRACON is in the flight path of KMHR.

BL.

Hi friends

Flying a model aircraft within 5.5km of an airport and at any distance on an approach path is a Federal offence.
This is not allowed any where so this video look so different from other videos.

Regards
Sid
Nitrotek