N92MA C525B CJ-3 2nd time off runway this summer!!!!!!

FlightAware Flight Tracker for N92MA Cessna CJ-3 (525B)

FAA Preliminary Report

DESTIN – A business jet went off the end of the Destin Airport’s only runway Wednesday night, which forced the closure of the airport for about three hours.

No one was injured in the mishap, according to Greg Donovan, airports director for Destin, Crestview and the Okaloosa Regional Airport.

The Citation CJ-3 jet experienced a problem with either its landing gear or its braking system, Donovan said. The Federal Aviation Administration was called and the exact cause is under investigation.

“They don’t know if the brake locked up or there was a problem with the tire,” he said.

The plane, which was coming in from Nashville, went off the side of the runway about 6:45 p.m. into the soft sand and continued for about 100 feet before coming to a stop. The impact sheared off the front nose wheel.

“Because it was in the soft soil, it took some time to clear the aircraft,” Donovan said. “There was not any substantial damage to the aircraft.”

The Destin Fire Department responded to make sure there were no injuries or fuel spilled.

Flights were diverted to other airports during the time that the runway was closed.

“Closing the runway for three hours is never necessarily a good thing, especially not before a holiday,” Donovan said.

2nd time this summer, this aircraft has gone off a runway!!!

** Report created 8/21/2008 Record 9 **

IDENTIFICATION
Regis#: 92MA Make/Model: C525 Description: 525 CitationJet
Date: 08/20/2008 Time: 1330

Event Type: Incident Highest Injury: None Mid Air: N Missing: N
Damage: Minor

DESCRIPTION
AIRCRAFT ON ABORTED TAKEOFF, TIRES BLEW OUT AND AIRCRAFT WENT OFF THE SIDE
OF THE RUNWAY, WHEELING, IL

INJURY DATA Total Fatal: 0
# Crew: 2 Fat: 0 Ser: 0 Min: 0 Unk:
# Pass: 6 Fat: 0 Ser: 0 Min: 0 Unk:
# Grnd: Fat: 0 Ser: 0 Min: 0 Unk:

WEATHER: VMC

OTHER DATA
Activity: Unknown Phase: Take-off Operation: OTHER

FAA FSDO: WEST CHICAGO, IL (GL03) Entry date: 08/21/2008

Hate to have their insurance premiums!

Hate to have a flight booked on one of their planes!

I am sure they will go up a lot.

ya think…

Hate to be in their chief pilot’s shoes right about now

I’m going to guess this is an owner/operator, not a traditional flight department.

It’s registered to M-A-M Leasing – it’s hard to tell off of that whether it is owner/operator flown or professionally flown.

If professionally flown, I would be nervous if I were the Chief Pilot or Dir. of Maint.