Morgan Freeman's SJ30 Inbound to KIAD 2/8/10 4:36pm

flightaware.com/live/flight/N30G … /CYYT/KIAD

This is a brand new aircraft delivered on 12/19/2009. At 70 years old, he flies the aircraft himself, though I don’t know if he’s on it today. Though it’s manufactured in San Antonio, he took delivery in Dubai, home of the parent company Emivest.

flightaware.com/photos/aircraft/N30GZ

The aircraft took a new world speed record by flying seven hours and seven minutes from London to Dubai on 10th November including a 41-minute refuelling stop in Istanbul.

It’s low on range, but it’s FAST. The military-style landing gear was used to keep the wing thin, improving high-speed performance.

I have been wanting to see one of these for a while - but it will not be parked in a viewable area at KIAD. :frowning:

Uhhh, huh ? It’s low on range? Better than 2200 nm (advertised 2500 nm IFR range) isn’t good enough for you? For an airplane this size, that’s pretty freakin’ decent

If I were him, I’d keep this plane out of any hangars at Dulles. By the way, how many threads do we have discussing this plane?

I guess it’s all relative. If I were in the market for a biz jet, I would certainly consider this one because of speed, comfort and the fact that it’s rare & unusual. The range would not be a disqualifier.

It’s got a decent range when compared to Hawkers & Learjets. It stacks up less favorably against the larger types.

To get his jet back home from Dubai, Freeman has had to make numerous stops. I’m not suggesting that is something ‘wrong’ with the aircraft.

[quote=“FlyNYC”]

he made it non-stop from Van Nuys to Essex County. CA to NJ and he only took 600 gallons to do it (plane holds 713) so i call that not too shabby. No other jet will do that, that fast and for that little fuel.