Long running Piaware Suddenly fails to connect to Wi-Fi

I am at wits end trying to solve this problem. I have been running a piaware receiver for over 7 years. The current hardware has been running for over two years. It is on a Rasperry Pi 3 Model B plus with a Pro Stick Plus (blue), running on Wi-Fi, through a Netgear R7000 nighthawk wireless router. It running Piaware 7.2. Then, suddenly it stopped working, with no configuration or hardware being changed.

Since I had run two receivers in the past, I had spares of everything, so I began by swapping out parts one at a time, Raspberry Pi, Pro Stick, Power Supply and cable. I even got a new SD card, configured it from scratch, still to no avail. Since I had swapped out everything on the receiver side, I thought possibly the Wi-Fi router, so I tried connecting it to my cell phone hot spot.

It is evidently not connecting to Wi-Fi, it does work fine when connected to ethernet cable. I hooked up a monitor and it says wireless network not configured. Well I have never changed the configuration from when it was working.

Any ideas?
Found Problem. Physical break on Raspberry Pi, spare Raspberry Pi had no Wi-Fi.

Check your piaware-config.txt file and make sure your wifi is set up correctly there. Perhaps that file got corrupted somehow (possible failing SD card?)

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.