Location Facility type - Track log bugs???

What is the annotation C and D under facility location / type mean?

flightaware.com/live/flight/N194 … O/tracklog

Airspace in question was C, so I don’t think it’s an airspace designation. I thought in the past it used to read Jackson Approach.

On flightaware.com/live/flight/N194 … O/tracklog it looks like Jackson approach was dropped on both ends OR changed to Memphis Center as normally during my initial climb and descent, KJAN holds on to me until reaching 5000 on departure and picks me up on arrival around 5000. I thought in the past, Jackson approach was annotated.

In all my tracklogs, seems that KJAN annotations have dissapeared.

I am planning to fly to KEKY on Saturday morning 14Z give (9 a.m. central) or take if anybody want’s to monitor “in real time”

It’s the climbing or descending flag leaking into another field on the FAA’s side.

Ewwww… does this mean that KJAN approach leaked off the radar?

What is surprising me is this affected all my past flights as well. Not necessarily the C and D annotation, but KJAN now shows up as Memphis when in reality Memphis cut me loose to Jackson approach especially on my June 6th and June 13th round robin flights.

I would have thought the prior flights would have been archived on Flight Aware’s servers and not affected by new drips and errors from the FAA, but I guess not???

They were archived so they haven’t been changed. Are you sure they didn’t used to say Memphis?

I definitely can say something changed. :slight_smile:

On the round robin, I think the facility was blank per discussions.flightaware.com/view … 3916#53916 (Me not mentioning Jackson Approach or wondering why Memphis was listed)

I will toss this in the mix, flightaware.com/live/flight/SWA4 … N/tracklog as KJAN definitely does not go down to 800 feet for coverage?

Today’s flight

flightaware.com/live/flight/N194 … Y/tracklog

Handed off to Memphis center unusually early, at 4000 feet so other then the first few entries, all looks normal As of late, Birmingham drops my tracking per prior questions probably marking me arrived, so I am not surprised my tracking ends at 6000 (Atlanta center hands me off to Birmingham just before Tuscaloosa AL).

Return flight, handed off to Jackson approach at 6000 and I was under KJAN’s handling until I canceled IFR at 2200 feet. Just surprised to see Memphis annotations on my descent while under KJAN handling?

Mark,

Another thought popped in my head, and this I have not seen in any of my flights. Seems like Meridian Approach never shows up in my tracklog in any of my flights from KMBO to KEKY.

Once I leave Memphis airspace, I get handed off to Meridian Approach before getting handed off to Atlanta Center. I am with Meridian Approach a good 1/2 hour between Memphis Center and Atlanta Center.

Soo, it looks like approach controllers in Memphis Center ARTCC is getting dropped off the radar all together??? (KJAN and KMEI anyway)