SKYWAY: APRIL 5, 2008
OASIS HONG KONG: APRIL 9, 2008
EOS: APRIL 27, 2008
NATIONWIDE: APRIL 29, 2008
CHAMPION AIR: MAY 31, 2008
AIR MIDWEST: JUNE 30, 2008
ZOOM: AUGUST 28, 2008

Bigsky fell.

Next? NWA and Delta seem hell bent on merging. Hopefully United will fall, hard. :smiling_imp:

HA! I’ll believe ya when me sh*t turns purple and smells like rainbow sherbet

Another one: Big Sky

Is Frontier doing that poorly? I thought they were pretty well off, by airline standards at least.

I knew i forgot someone. My thoughts… I see United as the most vulnerable legacy while Northwest is the least.

im surprised that Aloha has ceased operations, because werent they the biggest airline in hawaii?(maybe Hawaiian airlines) i know that go airlines had started using CRJs but i didnt think they would be too much of a threat

None of the legacy carriers are anywhere close to being in serious trouble. Stop reading the mainstream media. It’s junk.

Frontier has not been turning good numbers, but they are still big enough to get lines of credit to stay afloat. I expect them to cut their non-DEN flying.

I see Sun Country as being in the most trouble as their yield sucks, their aircraft are on the larger side and have expensive leases, and they fly long routes with poor utilization. Being privately held though, we have no clue what their ACTUAL financial situation is though.

Ryan International may also be in trouble, but I don’t know much about what kind of business they have been doing lately. I’m under the impression that they have a VERY low cost structure so they may be OK.

MaxJet almost made it. (Dec 26th, 2007)
Kitty Hawk: Oct 29, 2007

Cargo 360: Jan 11, 2008

I think Cargo360 was just merged into Southern Air. Oh what the heck, adding it will make this list look bigger. 8) :bulb: Oh wait, Skybus might come back. With the attractable business plan, they can get any investor to hand them over money :unamused:

I’d like to have the list of their first round of investors not to mention their current batch. “Have I got a deal for you…”

There is a rumor circulating on Airliners.net that Midwest Airlines is calling quits

Sounds about right. There will be more.

You have just defined A.net. 8)

If Midwest were to shut down the cuts would be getting to a point where it would start to be very positive for the remaining carriers.

I don’t see it happening though. TPG didn’t buy them just to shut them down. They’ll hack and slash them and re-sell them to AirTran before they do that.

A small blurb in the SF Examiner mentioned that Virgin America could be the next one. According to Bob McAdoo of Avondale Partners, preliminary filings with the Department of Transportation suggests the airline is “rapidly losing money, and flew planes that were considerably emptier than some of its completitors last year.”

Just about anyone in this day and age is a real candidate for going under. My bet is that the next one is Italy’s Alitalia.

[Still a bit amazed that good old Swissair would ever go under, but bad management and a falling ecomomy will do anyone in.]

Also, watch out for any airline that relies heavily on US miltary charter revenue. These carriers typically are not too economically solid even before they get the contracts. And now…!

Oasis Hong Kong as of today.
African Safaris sometime last week, although I think they only had 1 plane.

By the time I get finished typing this, I’m sure someone else will have announced, re: Oasis Hong Kong. Frees up another 5 747s.

telegraph.co.uk/travel/13079 … ation.html

Just ask PanAm :cry: