Letter "T" before tail No for tracking

I noticed that in order to track some flights you need to write a “T” before the Tail Number.
What is the criteria for this tracking method?

As indicated in quite a few postings, the “T” indicates an air taxi flight.

Please use the “search” function above to search for TN or “air taxi” for further information.

Searching for “tn” reveals nothing, and if the OP knew to search for “air taxi”, he probably wouldn’t have asked the question :wink:
Searching on “number” reveals “T in front of “N” number” halfway down the page - along with 872 other hits.
Perhaps this question could be added to the FAQ as it is certainly one of the most frequently asked questions in the forum.

You, like, totally misunderstood my reply! The order, you know, is quite important, my man. I first said that it indicates an air taxi flight. Then, and only then, I told the person to use the search feature to find out more information on what an air taxi flight is.

I agree that this should be placed in the FAQs. However, that doesn’t mean this question will go away on account only 5.943823% (+/- 0.00004) people actually read the FAQs.

That, you did! My bad.

Your exact words were:

Please use the “search” function above to search for TN or “air taxi”

New users not familiar with the search would have done exactly what Needlenose did. Not everybody knows how to use the search feature efficiently, the word AND is critical for a successful search.

A more productive and useful reply would be to give the person the answer the first time and be done with it.

As I constantly seem to have to remind you, to refresh your memory, please check out discussions.flightaware.com/view … t=air+taxi

Am I good or what, I even highlighted air taxi in orange for you! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Allen

I gave him the answer then I said use the search feature for tn or “air taxi” (the word “or” meaning enter either the first term OR the second term but not both).

If the person doesn’t know anything about the search function, then he would have probably enter TN. Not finding anything he would then enter “air taxi”.

If the person is familiar with logical search terms (OR, NOT, AND, etc) then he would have entered both terms (tn or “air taxi”) and - guess what? - he would still come up with the definition.

I think you are not giving people the benefit of the doubt.

I don’t need to.

I give people DIRECT answers with DIRECT links to my source reference.

No fuss, no muss and the person is all the more happier and we move on to the next topic of interest

Allen

Look, I came here specifically looking for muss and if I can’t find it here I’ll have to get my muss somewhere else.

Hmm, sounds mussed up.

:smiley: However a quick search of the forums did reveal 3 threads of which this one discussions.flightaware.com/view … light=muss would leave you mussed up as you would be stuck in a muss of a loop :smiley:

Allen

Day by day these forums are turning into pedants.com :unamused:

Pedant, n

1. a person who makes an excessive or inappropriate display of learning.
  2. a person who overemphasizes rules or minor details.
  3. a person who adheres rigidly to book knowledge without regard to common sense.

:unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

What you mean, “common sense?” What dat?

RobK, though this use of " definitionism " to try and define dami is admirable, I think you can just as easily apply this definition to anyone who adheres adamantly to a particular religious faith. :wink:

Okay, I’m out of here before the fireworks start !! :open_mouth: 8)

[quote=“RobK”]

What, Me worry?