large aircraft at santa monica airport

what is the largest aircraft that lands at Santa Monica Airport?

Currently, probably a Gulfstream or Global Express, although it might not leave at max weight due to the short runway.
santamonicadispatch.com/2012 … a-airport/

A G450 (largest jet at SMO) burns 400 gallons/hour, it can contain up to 4,400 gallons on takeoff. The G450 recommended takeoff distance is 600 feet longer than the SMO runway! The FAA waived their own rules to allow these C & D jets at SMO.

Somewhere I saw where G5’s and Globals have too much wingspan so they were banned on that basis. The quote about the G450 “recommended” runway length being more than the actual length must be from one of those expert reporters. There is no “recommended” runway length for part 25 aircraft, after all the calculations are done you either have what is required or you don’t. Take some of that 4400 gallons off to lighten the airplane and you have plenty of runway.
From the remarks on the airport page: PPR REQUIRED FOR DUAL WHEEL ACFT IN EXCESS OF 60,000 LBS CERTIFIED MAX LNDG WGT
(this would include G4, 450 and Falcon 7X. The G2 and 3 are banned for noise reasons.)

There were few there like a Embrear ERJ-135, Canadair CRJ-200 and Gulfstream 3 where there landed within the last probably 3 months.

well there is a airport in Carlsbad,CA that is slightly shorter than SMO and both are 150’ ft wide and that airport handles Gulfstream G5 to G650S and Bombardier Global Expresses.

But the G650 that just left flightaware.com/live/flight/N886 … /KCRQ/CYUL didn’t have a full load of fuel, it will stop and the continue on to Europe. Now if the runway was longer that plane could have easily made the whole trip non-stop.

There hasn’t been posting on this topic in awhile. But I wanted to say I saw a Global Express couple days ago there and it had a hard time taxiing due to their wingspan and needed to use the runway to taxi to the terminal and during taxiing to takeoff it needed to move over and stop taxiing b/c the wing was hanging over runway and a Falcon 900 was a couple miles from landing but got out of the way in time.