interesting flight path

Check out the flight path of Southwest flight 29 from KDAL to KHOU today. Anybody have any ideas why this would happen!!!

flightaware.com/live/flight/SWA2 … /KDAL/KHOU

“Southwest 29 make left 360 for spacing into Houston”

Ladies and Gentlemen, we’re happy to inform you that the additional cost for this added excursion has already been included in the price of your ticket.

It would appear that perhaps the aircraft entered into a brief holding turn for spacing.

That’s what ‘he’ said…

Southwest is smart to reward flyers by segment rather than mileage. That might have cost them (60 miles x 137 passengers) 8,220 frequent flier miles. That’s almost one seat, one way on other airlines.

Swaflightattendant25 probably would have made us sit down and buckle up during that loop. :stuck_out_tongue:

“Ladies and Gents this is your captain… And if you look to your left, you can see the my house… everybody wave! Hey! Who’s car is that in my driveway?? I knew that ***** was cheating!!..”

The actual flight miles doesn’t calculate into FFM earnings. They set the miles for the trip segment regardless of what the plane actually flies. Otherwise, I’d be happy everytime we started holding, but alas those extra loops don’t help me earn any free tickets.

In a perfect (consumer-oriented) world, they’d track hours instead of miles and calculate the time from gate to gate. That would motivate the airlines to move faster and award less perks. At the same time, the passengers would get faster service.

Uh, he was making a joke. I don’t think wazzu90 was serious about his statement.

ATC: Captain, exepect 2 turns in the holding pattern at XXXXX intersection

Captain: Do you realize that this aircraft costs 8000 dollers an hour to operate?

ATC: OK then give me 3500 dollars worth.

ATC: Captain, exepect 2 turns in the holding pattern at XXXXX intersection

Captain: Do you realize that this aircraft costs 8000 dollers an hour to operate?

ATC: OK then give me 3500 dollars worth.

Nor was I. Could you imagine the bedlam that would result with gate to gate time-based FF programs?

Fistfights at the de-ice pads, games of widebody chicken on the taxiways, battle of the tugs, directions to the penalty box acknowledged with a threat against the controller’s family…

basically the Russian model.

It only costs me $2.25!!!