Interesting divert of FDX 727

At least I thought it was interesting, but I’m a newbie:

flightaware.com/live/flight/FDX8 … /KFSD/KMEM

That is one nasty cell they were heading for!! Going to ICT to wait it out…or pick up volume that didn’t make it out on the ICT a/c…I found it interesting!

Welcome to FA newbie!

I was watching that flight because they took off over my house, very low and haulin’ a**. I was just getting out of the shower and it really shook the house. The FDX pilots out of FSD often seem to be having “too much fun,” especially on takeoff. Also I was surprised to see their ground speed listed at 742 kts at 7:43 AM.
flightaware.com/live/flight/FDX8 … T/tracklog

Wow! That is hauling ***! :open_mouth:

How close to the airport are you?

I know, when ever we’d get a Boeing in, it was fun to watch them take back off they I think would try like hell to be up to their assigned alt. by the end of the t/o rwy. :wink:

Have to do my recurrent Boenig ramp training tomorrow as a matter of fact 8)

I would say 5-6 miles. Runway 15 points almost directly to my house, 150 deg.

Exactly!

Speaking of FedEx T-Storm diversions, this is a great opportunity to bump a link to a cool video for the benefit of those who are rather new to the FA forums…

fedex thunderstorm deviations

Hey thanks that was pretty cool!!! :smiley:

[quote=“dakotadoc”]

Y’betcha :smiley:

The line of storms that rolled through KMEM Wed. morning held our flights, we got a nice long morning out of it $$$!! 8) what was funny is the bus, 1515 beat the MDD 1410 out and thus to TPA…no worries all mothers in the bay area will get their flowers!! Oh and Godiva chocolate :wink:

flightaware.com/live/flight/FDX1 … /KMEM/KTPA

flightaware.com/live/flight/FDX1 … /KMEM/KTPA

Yeah here’s the video from my house. Uncle Torvold was visiting that day and got pretty freaked out! It’s just normal for us. I usually sleep right through it.

cool video!!

When I flew as cargo on 727’s, it sometimes felt like we were going to fly across the country at 100 feet.

[quote=“dakotadoc”]
Yeah here’s the video from my house. Uncle Torvold was visiting that day and got pretty freaked out! It’s just normal for us. I usually sleep right through it.

**Excellent!**

Holy shi* I actually got what the old Flemish farmer was saying! :open_mouth:

I haven’t lived in EU for almost 40 years, probably the swan song for that particular dialect’s neuron! :laughing:[/quote]