Inmarsat

Hi need help please i got an Rspduo running with Jaero first of all what mode are the frequencies in and my volume light is green signal/data no light at all and is there a setting in the Rspduo to connect to Jaero as for antenna got the RTL L-Band with LMR400 and a Bias-Tee i am new at this not a big fan of computers got no idea what i am doing any help would be appreciated.

Regards Lino.

I’ve never messed with sat coms before beyond having a C-band TV satellite dish setup many years ago but Jaero should automatically use the proper mode, if by mode you mean AM, FM, USB, LSB etc.

Regarding connecting your antenna to your SDRPlay RSP Duo and enabling bias-t I suggest you consult its documentation.

Search YouTube for Frugal Radio and watch the video on decoding L-band satellite ACARS. The SignalsEverywhere and Tech Minds channels on YouTube also have some videos on the subject. Also, explore the radioforeveryone.com and thebaldgeek.net websites, both of which have a lot of information about using Jaero and other software along with a software defined radio, suitable antenna and an LNA made for Inmarsat to track aircraft. Also see The Bald Geek’s GitHub page at thebaldgeek.github.io. And besides his YouTube channel there’s a companion website at frugalradio.com.

All of that being said, if you’re not very proficient at using a computer I strongly suggest that overcoming that lack of knowledge should be your first step before diving into the world of SDRs and ADS-C, unless you’re the type of person who learns best by doing in which case go for it and have fun. :grinning:

1 Like

Thanks jaymot looked at a few videos but im not very good with computers have got jaero going now all i have to do is get virtual audio cable which my fiance is doing atm hopefully will work.

Regards Lino.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.